- 1 Changing the Main Page
- 2 Report a Bug
- 3 Request a Feature
Changing the Main Page
This section is to discuss the layout and content of the main page itself.
Report a Bug
This section is to report anything, anywhere, that you spotted on the wiki that you think needs fixing.
Links not working
Sometimes stuff appears different when I reliad it, especially tables in general and Recent Changes in particular (which is probably table-based). I guess this is a BootStrap skinning issue? juckto (talk) 15:36, 15 June 2016 (EDT)
There's two Serg Nick (Merc) pages. One is 'Sergeant Nicholas Verendrye', the other is 'Sergeant Nicolas Verendrye' (missing the 'h'). The one missing the 'h' is the right spelling, but the info on the incorrect page is much better. No idea how to correct. El'Sycorax.
Turns out there were actually 3 pages.
- Sergeant Nicholas Verendrye (wrong title, good content)
- Sergeant Nicolas Verendrye (correct title, no content)
- Sergeant Nicolas Verendyre (wrong title & no content)
EDIT: I've made Thrall Warrior into a template. Apologies if this isn't how it should be.
The current 'Thrall Warrior' page indicates that the profile should be incorporated into both Alexia1/Alexia2 page. Do we insert them in as WA or CA, and how do we prevent issues with external linking when there are two pages? I had intended to make a seperate page for the links, but you've asked us not to. Sorry for the issue. El'Sycorax.
- Sorry I've been lax replying to you here. I have seen your comments and been thinking about them. What I've ended up doing is leaving the original Thrall Warrior page in place to 1) act as a "twin redirect" and 2) to put the Thrall in the Weapon Master, Undead, etc categories.
- Also, your Template: Thrall Warrior idea was a good one. I've trimmed it a little bit and put the 'Hide Category' bits on it, though.
- juckto (talk) 15:16, 29 September 2016 (EDT)
Stat Block Numbers???
- PP won't let us post stats/rules on a third party site (ie here). See this threadd 
- juckto (talk) 18:56, 22 December 2016 (EST)
Stat Blocks part 2
PP has now said it's okay to post stats as long as it's not for profit.
Request a Feature
Since we're still setting up this wiki, there are a lot of things that users would like to have that the sysadmin hasn't installed yet. This is the best place to mention them.
- I'm not super keen on having a banner that's taken directly from PP. I know that we use their imagary all the time for model pictures, but this feels a bit different given that it's huge and going to be emblazaned all over our Main Page; I feel it could easily be misconstrued as we're presenting it as our own artwork.
- Also, we had a banner/logo discussion ages ago on the Facebook group (Link). It isn't on here yet because Kyle was supposed to add it to the top menu (right where the 'missing pic-logo' symbol is), and hasn't got round to it yet.
- Anyway, I guess we could have a banner plus that logo, but as I said above, maybe not that banner. - juckto (talk) 19:04, 7 December 2016 (EST)
- Looks like you edit the settings file, and probably want to upload the image file to somewhere on this server. 610 (talk) 00:20, 21 June 2016 (EDT)
- Found it, I think. MediaWiki:Sidebar juckto (talk) 15:36, 15 June 2016 (EDT)
- Requested by: juckto
- What it is: Allows you to collapse a table so only the top row is visible. More info at the Wikipedia article on collapsing
- Why we need it:
- The "Rules Clarifications" have the potential to get very long very quickly, and most of the time people don't want to read all of them if they're looking for a specific one. Shrinking them would be good.
- The "Model indices" are really large tables. Especially for mercenaries. It would be good to shrink them (they can still be set to not-collapse on non-merc pages).
- What we need to get it running: MediaWiki:Common.js
Dynamic Page Listing (DPL)
- Requested by: NeonChameleon
- What it is: Allows you to find the "intersection" of multiple categories. More info at (?)
- Why we need it:
- So we can sort "who has pathfinder" by faction, etc.
- So we can set up auto-themes (when they're released)
- What we need to get it running: (?)
- Requested by: juckto & Ibidem
- Essentially, it allows us to create templates with "if/else" statements. More info at Wikipedia article on ParserFunctions
- Why we need it: For statblock templates.
- Say, if one model has a FOCUS stat and one doesn't, currently we need two different templates (if you try to use just one template, it'll have "FOCUS = No input provided" on one of the models).
- We don't want that, we want one template which is smart enough to not display anything for FOCUS if the user doesn't input FOCUS.
- Similarly for models with no ranged weapons needing a RAT input, models which aren't units require a UNIT SIZE input, etc etc