| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Khador Man-o-War Solo
Fluff text (copy from PP gallery)
|| 16/18 (★)
| (★) 18 when you include the shield bonus
|See also How to Read the statblock
- Cannon Shot - 8" range, POW 14 gun
- Axe Cannon - 1" reach, P+S 15 melee weapon
- Shield - 0.5" reach, P+S 11 melee weapon
- Shield - This 'weapon' is a shield that provides a cumulative +2 ARM bonus. The bonus doesn't apply if the weapon is crippled or if the damage originates in your back arc.
- 'Jack Marshal - All 'jack marshals share the same set of special rules, which basically amount to: This model is not a warcaster but may control a warjack.
- Assault - This model may make a ranged attack as part of its charge.
- Drive : Assault - When a warjack under this model's control begins a charge while in its CMD range, the warjack gains Assault for that charge.
- Desperate Pace [Man-o-War] (★ Action) - Target Man-o-War unit. If it is in CMD range, it gains +2" movement during their Normal Movement this turn.
- Repairable - This model can be repaired as if it were a construct.
- Slam Power Attack - This model can make slam power attacks.
Thoughts on Man-o-War Kovnik
Note to Editors
If you're looking for inspiration for content to add to this page, you can always copy-paste (& update as necessary) info from the old mk2 entry:
Mk2 Battle College: Man-o-War Kovnik .
Comparison to Mk2
Pretty much the same except for the loss of Weapon Master.
Man-o-War Kovnik in a nutshell
Thoughts on Marshalling a jack
- It's good to Marshal one of the berserker-chassis jacks, because they can then avoid spending focus and risking exploding. Of these jacks, the Rager works especially well with the Kovnik's Assault drive.
- But the Rager is mediocre when Marshalled, and for just one more point you could instead Marshal a Juggernaut.
Combos & Synergies
- If you take even one Man-o-War unit, a MoW Kovnik is almost mandatory. The Men-o-War's biggest drawback is their low speed and the MoW Kovnik is the best solution for this problem.
Drawbacks & Downsides
Tricks & Tips
Originally released in Warmachine: Escalation (2004)
Other faction models
Rules Clarification : Shield and/or Buckler (Edit)
- The only time you lose the Shield bonus is when the weapon is crippled, or if the attack originates in your back arc. (Infernal Ruling)
- In other words, you still get the Shield bonus while knocked down or stationary.
- You don't get the Shield bonus vs stuff originating in your back arc. This includes stuff that "leaps" off models in your back arc, such as Electro Leap. (Locked thread)
Rules Clarification : 'Jack Marshal (Edit)
- Marshals can take character jacks (unlike in Mk2). (Closed thread)
- Although they never get the Power Up bonus, a marshaled warjack can gain focus via other means (such as Accumulator, Empower, Spirit Harvester, etc).
- They can do this even after the Marshal dies and they become autonomous (unlike in Mk2).
- 'Jack Marshal & Ranking Officer (Edit)
- If a Ranking Officer joins a unit with the 'Jack Marshal ability, then they can still only take Mercenary warjacks - they don't gain access to Faction warjacks. (Infernal Ruling)
- They can control that mercenary warjack as normal, even though they're technically no longer the same faction as the jack. (Infernal Ruling)
Rules Clarification: : Assault (Edit)
(Click Expand to read)
Step 1: Declare the charge
- Are you in already melee? With any enemy, not just your charge target?
- If yes, you don't get an Assault attack at all (Refer to the latest Errata). Instead it's just a normal charge.
- If no, continue to Step 2.
- Note: You cannot be "in melee" with a stationary/knocked down target. Feel free to declare charges (and Assault shots) in this case.
- You can even charge a knocked down model you're in B2B with, advance 0", and get your ranged attack and your melee attack(s).
Step 2: Move the charging model
- As soon as the movement is finished, determine whether it was a successful charge or not.
- Do this before resolving anything that triggers on "Ends Movement" (like Admonition, Countercharge).
- Do this before resolving your Assault attack.
- Did you make a successful charge? You get the ranged attack even though you're "in melee". Refer to the latest Errata.
- Did you fail the charge? You still get the Assault shot anyway.
- Did you fail the charge, but end your movement in melee with someone different to your charge target? You get the ranged attack even though you're "in melee". Refer to the latest Errata and also this (Infernal Ruling)
- Now that you've figured out whether the charge successful, you (or your opponent) can trigger "Ends Movement" effects.
- Nothing that happens from this point onwards will retroactively change a failed charge into a successful charge, or vice versa.
- If your charge was successful you may use "any time" abilities between 'finishing movement' and 'starting Assault attack'. (Infernal Ruling)
- If you fail your charge, you may not use "any time" abilities before or after making the Assault attack. (Infernal Ruling)
The Infernal Ruling dictates that Assault is not a "triggered ability" (since if it was, you wouldn't be able to cast a spell between ending movement and using your Assault shot).
Thus Assault will never occur simultaneously with another ability that triggers/resolves at "ends movement". Instead, the other ability is always resolved before the Assault shot
Step 3: Make the ranged attack
- The ranged attack is optional.
- Since the Assault attack is outside your Combat Action, you can only do a basic ranged attack. CRA & Special ranged attacks are only allowed during your Combat Action, you can't do them. (Infernal Ruling CRA & Special Attack)
- Did you move at least 3" during the charge movement? Who cares, that is irrelevant to the Assault attack!
- Make your ranged attack vs your charge target
- If the charge target is already dead (which can happen when units charge) then you don't get to redirect your Assault attack vs 'someone else'. You simply don't get an Assault attack. (Infernal Ruling)
- A model which can do something "instead of making a ranged attack" (such as the Spriggan's Targeting Flare) then they can do that as an Assault attack. (Infernal Ruling)
- If your ranged attacks triggers other attacks/damage that occur "after the attack" (such as Drag or Electro Leap) then those will resolve as per normal, regardless of whether you had a successful charge or not. (Infernal Ruling)
- Is the target in melee with the shooter?
- If yes, then you ignore the +4 DEF bonus (as per the 3rd paragraph of "Targeting a Model in Melee" (TMM) rules)
- If no, resolve the ranged attack exactly the same as if it were a normal ranged attack.
Step 4: If you miss
- If you miss the target, and the target is not in melee with you, then resolve it the same way as a normal ranged attack.
- If you miss the target, and the target is in melee with you, then ...
- Randomly reassign the shot (as per the TMM rules) (nothing in Assault says it ignores this).
- Do not include the shooting model in potential 'randomees' (because you can't target yourself as per the 4th paragraph of TMM) but do include models the shooter is in melee with (as per the TMM rules).
- If the shot is randomly reassigned to a friendly model, then they will always get the +4 DEF bonus. The only way to ignore that bonus is if the 'point of origin of the attack is in melee with the target' and you can never be in melee with a friendly model.
Step 5: After finishing the Assault attack
- If it was an unsuccessful charge, your activation now ends.
- If it was a successful charge, and your charge target is ...
- still alive, then you get your charge attack (as per the charge rules)
- dead, then you get your initial melee attack(s) vs anyone still in your melee range (as per the charge rules).
- Either way, you don't get to make more ranged attacks (other than the obvious exceptions like Gunfighter, of course).
- Move all models in the unit before making any Assault attacks. (Infernal Ruling)
- Make all Assault attacks before making any Charge attacks. (Infernal Ruling)
- Each model in the unit is effectively "stalled" while you move/shoot the other models. This "stall" does not create an opportunity to use "any time" abilities. (Infernal Ruling)
- If a trooper's target dies before they make their Assault shot, they don't get to redirect it. You just skip their Assault shot. (Infernal Ruling)
- You cannot make Assault attacks while out of formation, as per the regular formation rules about making attacks.
- Assault & CRA (Edit)
- You cannot mix Combined Range Attacks with Assault shots, as CRA works during your combat action and Assault shots occur before it. (Infernal Ruling)
- Warbeasts cannot use Assault during a Frenzy. Refer to the latest errata.
- Assault vs Countercharge ( Edit )
- With reference to the Activation Timing (Apdx A), Countercharge occurs at Step 5, and Assault occurs at Step 5 for independent models and Step 6 for units. (Infernal Ruling about the Step 6)
- So, if a model with Assault finishes its charge movement within range of a model with Countercharge then...
- If it's an independent model then you need to resolve the Assault shot before making the Countercharge move. This is because both abilities occur at the same time but active player effects are resolved first.
- But if it's a model belonging to a unit, then you need to resolve the Countercharge immediately, then finish moving the rest of the unit, then start Assault shots.
- Assault & Drag ( Edit )
- You determine whether a charge was successful or not before making the Assault attack.
- If you make an unsuccessful charge but then use Drag to get your charge target into melee range, then:
- It is still a failed charge and your activation is going to end after the Assault attack is resolved. (Infernal Ruling)
- You will get the free melee attack from Drag as part of resolving the Assault ranged attack. (Infernal Ruling)
- Whether or not your charge was successful, this free melee attack is not a charge attack. (Infernal Ruling)
- You won't be able to purchase additionals (because your activation ended).
Rules Clarification : Drive (Edit)
- If the Drive is on an Officer model, and that model dies, then the new unit commander does not inherit the Drive.
Rules Clarification : Desperate Pace - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Repairable - None yet. (Edit)