|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Once a security warjack, the Grundback Gunner has become an example of the finest Rhulic technologies. Many in western Immoren seek out the gunners only to have their non-Rhulic coin turned down. The Dwarves can be very particular when they are selling their wares and services.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Cannon - 12" range, POW 12 ranged weapon.
- Powerful Attack - When attacking with this weapon, this model can spend 1 focus point to boost all attack and damage rolls for the attack.
Bash - 0.5" reach, P+S 6 melee weapon.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Rhulic Warjack - This warjack must be controlled by either a Rhulic warcaster or Rhulic Jack Marshal.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Sturdy - This model cannot be pushed.
Thoughts on Grundback Gunner
Grundback Gunner in a nutshell
The Gunner is the embodiment of focus efficiency. Each Gunner you take increases your caster's effective focus by a point thanks to Powerful Attack on the gun. Boosted POW 12's kill infantry, some cavalry and multi-wound infantry, blow away lights and dent up heavies. And if you need something knocked down, they can slam. Since you can cram a lot of these into a list, people often do.
Combos & Synergies
Models that the Gunner likes:
- Warcasters rather than marshals. Seriously. A single point of Focus gives both boosted attack and damage rolls. Hitting DEF 15 troops with 22 damage on average rolls? Yes please.
- General Ossrum brings a number of useful things to the Gunner. Energizer for speed. Unstoppable Force for bulldozing shenanigans.
- Durgen Madhammer gives their gun continuous fire with his field marshal ability.
Drawbacks and Downsides
They are worthless in melee unless used for a slam, however Ossrum frees them up with Unstoppable Force and Durgen grants Gunfighter with his feat. With only 18 boxes, a good solid hit will often knock out either the gun or the cortex and your little gun on legs is pretty much a box of rocks at that point. At least it can go get in the way of things.
Tricks and Tips
- Run in multiples with Ossrum is where they shine. With Energizer and Unstoppable force, they become control pieces that can push enemy models into position to get sprayed or blasted. They can also walk through each other while in his CMD range.
- Gorton can park three of these behind a Rock Wall to make a handy little fortress. DEF 16, ARM 18 anyone?
Released in Warmachine: Superiority (2006)
Who can control this warjack
To include this mercenary warjack in your army, it must be controlled by one of the following Rhulic warcasters or marshals. Thus, to include this jack you first need to find a controller that works for your army.
|Rhulic 'Jack Controllers (Edit)|
|Warcasters||Durgen Madhammer - General Ossrum - Gorten Grundback|
Cannot take Colossals
Within mercenaries, this warjack can be used in:
Outside of mercenaries, you can include this warjack in any theme that allows at least one of the controllers listed above. At the time of writing (2017.10) the only such model is Thor Steinhammer.
Other Mercenary models