Once a security warjack, the Grundback Gunner has become an example of the finest Rhulic technologies. Many in western Immoren seek out the gunners only to have their non-Rhulic coin turned down. The Dwarves can be very particular when they are selling their wares and services.
Weapons and Attacks
Cannon - 12" range, POW 12 ranged weapon.
- Powerful Attack - When boosting with this weapon, one Focus or Fury will boost both to hit and to damage.
Bash - 0,5" range, P+S 6 melee weapon.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Sturdy - This model cannot be pushed.
Thoughts on Grundback Gunner
Note to Editors
Grundback Gunner in a nutshell
It's a gun with legs in the same way that a Cryx bonejack is an arc node with legs. Often colloquially known as the gun bunny.
Utility. They have a pretty decent gun, and can be used whenever you want something picked off. Pop infantry easily, put some damage on a warjack or warbeast, even threaten a warcaster. Cheap, efficiant and effective. There is little to not love about this little jack.
Combos & Synergies
Models that the Gunner likes:
- Warcasters rather than marshals. Seriously. A single point of Focus gives both boosted attack and damage rolls. Hitting DEF 15 troops with 22 damage on average rolls? Yes please.
- General Ossrum brings a number of useful things to the Gunner. Energizer for speed. Unstoppable Force for bulldozing shenanigans.
- Durgen Madhammer gives their gun continuous fire with his field marshal ability
Drawbacks and Downsides
The Gunner has a few major weaknesses:
- Few damage boxes. It's ARM is high enough that it's tough to hurt. But once you do, it falls pretty quick.
- Slow speed. Compared to other light warjacks, it's plodding. That said, there are a number of ways to speed them up a bit. If you give one to Thor Steinhammer, he can use his drive on it. And General Ossrum has access to Energizer and his feat.
- Really horrible in close combat. If your Gunner gets stuck in melee, it's worth risking the free attack to try and get away.
Tricks and Tips
- Fire! Honestly, this is probably the most simple 'jack out there. It has a pretty good gun. Hop around. Use it. That single focus from Power Up is all it will ever need.
- Because they are so cheap, buying them in quantity isn't a bad idea. They make decent screens with their medium bases.
Changes from Mk2
- It gained the Power Up rule so the Gunner is now self-powering.
- Gained Sturdy
Theme Forces this is a member of