|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Khador’s mechaniks build their warjacks to last. The Juggernaut is a hulking mass of plated armor wielding an ice axe that can encase its target in a layer of crippling ice. This sturdy chassis has given rise to other staples like the Destroyer, whose whistling shells arcing overhead portend explosive obliteration. The Marauder was also built on this frame and uses its piston-driven battering rams to deliver pulverizing impacts that can hurl enemy warjacks away with effortless ease. Another is the Decimator, engineered to annihilate well-armored targets with powerful direct fire. This ’jack’s wide-bored cannon smashes its victims to the ground before it closes to tear them apart with its whirling rip saw.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons and Attacks
- Dozer - 10" range, ROF 2, POW 15 gun
- Beat Back - Immediately after a basic attack with this weapon is resolved during this model's Combat Action, the enemy model hit can be pushed 1" directly away from the attacking model. After the enemy model is pushed, the attacking model can advance up to 1" directly towards it.
- Rip Saw - 1" reach, P+S 17 melee weapon.
- Sustained Attack - During this model's activation, when it makes an attack with this weapon against the last model hit by the weapon this activation, the attack automatically hits.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
Thoughts on Decimator
Comparison to Mk2
The core rule change to ROF made it better, but other than that and the "Revolver Cannon" being renamed "Dozer", the Decimator has made it into the new edition unchanged.
Decimator in a nutshell
The Decimator, a welcome addition to the Khador warjack family, is a heavy designed to hunt heavies - it has one of the hardest hitting guns in the game, and one of the most effective weapons in the game for cutting heavies apart. For the same cost as the Destroyer, it provides board control with the multi-fire Dozer, movement shenanigans with Beat Back, and a good chance to scrap other 'jacks outright with the Rip Saw and three focus.
Sustained Attack lets the Decimator make very efficient use of any focus points it spends on melee.
At ranged it is a bit inefficient - its low RAT essentially forces you to boost every attack. Depending on your targets, the Decimator can be as efficient or as focus-hungry as you want it:
- You can allocate zero and go after something low DEF. In this case, it's probably best to use your free Power Up focus to simply boost damage.
- You can allocate one and go after something mid-DEF. Boosting both attack rolls and you've got decent chances of hitting DEF 12 or so.
- You can allocate two and go after something mid-DEF. Boost both attack rolls, and boost one damage roll.
Overall, you're better off using a caster that can improve accuracy (or decrease enemy DEF) rather than fueling it with raw focus turn after turn.
But if you can hit at range, Beat Back is very useful and makes the Decimator "agile" with an extra 2" movement each turn which makes a well-handled Decimator a terror.
Combos & Synergies
The Man-o-War Kovnik could alleviate some of the concerns noted above; under the new 'Jack Marshal rules, Take Aim! would let the Decimator get off a flurry of powerful attacks at no Focus cost. On a charge, the Kovnik's Drive (which grants Assault) lets the Decimator bring both weapons into play. While not very thematic, the Decimator benefits a lot from The Old Witch's Field Marshal (Apparition) and especially Weald Secrets, which lets the Decimator navigate through and fire Dozer shots with impunity from inside a cloud or forest at enemies that are usually unable to return the favor.
While this is true for any warjack practically, the Forge Seer is an amazing pairing with a Decimator. Empower + Dark Sigils is an awesome combination on most Khador Jacks when added to the normal 'Jack Marshall options.
Drawbacks & Downsides
Decimators can turn into big focus hogs for the unwary.
Tricks & Tips
- You can forfeit movement for the aiming bonus, and still move via Beat Back
- Use with Energizer to set up for aimed shots.
- If you've only got one focus to play with (from Power Up), then don't boost your first ranged attack. If you hit, then great, spend it to boost damage. If you miss, then you can face the tough decision about whether to spend it to boost the attack, or don't boost & risk missing & having a wasted focus. This approach will potentially save you pulling out your hair with indecisiveness.
I think this model was first released with the Mk2 faction book, when the model changed to plastic, but I'm not sure. [Verification needed]
Themes for generic warjacks (Edit)
- Armored Korps - (Article) (Category)
- Winter Guard Kommand - (Article) (Category)
- Jaws of the Wolf - (Article) (Category)
- Legion of Steel - (Article) (Category)
- Wolves of Winter (Article) (Category)
Other faction models