Sylys Wyshnalyrr, The Seeker
An Iosan scholar well versed in the arcane arts, Sylys Wyshnalyrr barters his talents to the armies of the Iron Kingdoms in exchange for access to their libraries and safe passage across their lands. Given Sylys’ attention, even the most puissant warcaster would find his own sorcerous ability strengthened, gaining an invaluable edge in battle.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Other
|Sylys Wyshnalyrr, The Seeker|
Weapons & Attacks
- Staff of Seeking - 2" range, P+S 7 melee weapon.
- Mercenary - This model will work for Cygnar, Khador, Protectorate, & Retribution.
- Partisan (Retribution of Scyrah) - When included in a Retribution of Scyrah army, this model/unit is a Retribution of Scyrah model/unit instead of a Mercenary model/unit.
- Attached - Before the start of the game, attach this model to a friendly Faction warcaster for the rest of the game. Each Faction warcaster can only have one model/unit attached to it.
- Arcane Assist - If the warlock this model is attached to is in its CMD at the start of the turn, the warlock can upkeep one spell for free.
- Arcane Secrets (★ Action) - Adds a die to his caster's next spell's magic attack and damage rolls, removing the lowest die.
- Spiritual Conduit - While its warcaster is in this model's CMD range, the warcaster gains +2" RNG on their non-channeled spells.
Thoughts on Sylys Wyshnalyrr, The Seeker
Sylys Wyshnalyrr, The Seeker in a nutshell
Sylys buffs your casters spell output. Between providing extra range, better accuracy and damage, and the potential for more focus to throw into spells, if you're planning on casting offensive spells most turns you should be seriously considering his inclusion. Walk him to wherever you expect your warcaster to finish their turn, use Arcane Secrets, and you're done.
Combos & Synergies
Drawbacks and Downsides
He is squishy, and if engaged he can't effectively free himself from anything but the weakest models, so keep him as far back as possible, preferably with some cover or line of sight blocking terrain between him and enemy models. The cost is not negligible, so if your caster won't be casting many offensive spells it may be worth considering other attachments in his place.
Tricks and Tips
Remember that Arcane Secrets triggers on the first spell your warcaster casts, not the first offensive spell. As a result it is possible to waste it on a spell that targets your own models, so remember to use your debuff or offensive spell first before buffing your own models.
Changes from Mk II
Sylys is essentially unchanged from Mk2, including the points value. If you liked and used him before, you probably still do.
- Arcane Secrets RNG increased
- Originally released in the Warmachine: Wrath expansion (2011)
- The name Sylys Wyshnalyrr has led to a few nicknames over time. The most common is "Wish nailer".
How can I include this model in my army?
Mercenaries are a bit more complicated than regular faction models, they can be taken in one of three ways:
- This model can be included in a pure Mercenary army.
- This model can be included in the following Faction armies:
- This model can be included in the following theme forces:
- None yet
Other faction models
Since this model is a partisan, we have omitted displaying the indices (because it'd take up half the page to display everything that is in two full factions). Refer the links instead: