The cephalyx are masters of transforming flesh, crafting killing machines of meat and bone to fight their battles. The Wrecker is built for annihilation and is capable of slaughtering every enemy in its reach with its crushing weaponry.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Bladed Flail (x2) - 2" reach, P+S 17 melee weapons.
- Chain Weapon - This weapon ignores Buckler, Shield and Shield Wall.
- Beat Back - Immediately after a basic attack with this weapon is resolved during this model's Combat Action, the enemy model hit can be pushed 1" directly away from the attacking model. After the enemy model is pushed, the attacking model can advance up to 1" directly towards it.
- Thresher (★ Attack) - Make a simultaneous melee attack against each model within its LOS and within melee range of this weapon.
- Monstrosity - This is a creature transformed into a killing machine that shares many of the same rules as warjacks - Most notably being big and stompy.
- Eyeless Sight - This model 1) ignores cloud effects when determining LOS, 2) always ignores concealment and Stealth, and 3) never suffers Blind.
Thoughts on Wrecker
Wrecker in a nutshell
The Wrecker is the beatstick of monstrosities. The one that does significant work in melee and can kill both infantry and enemy heavies. It's the most expensive option for a very good reason.
Combos & Synergies
- Cephalyx Agitator - the agitator makes the monstrosities hit harder
- Cephalyx Overlords because anatomical precision is a great way of giving focus to monstrosities
Drawbacks and Downsides
- Terrible baseline stats
Tricks and Tips
- Cut it with Cephalyx for focus
- If you want to keep it alive screen it with drudges. Monstrosities are not good at surviving charging enemies in melee for all they have a lot of damage boxes.
- Originally released in a digital-only faction book Forces of Warmachine - Cephalyx expansion (2014)
- Reprinted in the Warmachine: Reckoning expansion (2015)
Who can control this Monstrosity
Monstrosities must be controlled by a Cephalyx warcaster. Thus, to include them in your force, you first need to find a Cephalyx 'caster that works for your force.
|Cephalyx Warcasters (Edit)|
|Warcasters||Cognifex Cyphon - Exulon Thexus|
To fit in a theme force, not only does this model need to fit but its controller needs to fit too. With that in mind, this model can be taken in:
Other Mercenary models
| Resolving the attack|
Under this heading, the word "Thresher" is used interchangeably for "Flashing Blade" and "Cyclone" too
Flashing Blade only