|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Unarmed - This model has no weapons.
- Advance Deployment - Models with advance deployment are placed after normal deployment and may be placed up to 6" further forward.
- Fiery Blast - When a Wrack is disabled, center a 5" AOE on it then RFP the Wrack. Models in the AOE suffer a POW 14 Fire damage roll.
- Immobile - This model has no Normal Movement or Combat Action, cannot become knocked down or be moved, and is automatically hit by melee attacks
- Suffering's Prayer - Wracks start the game with 1 focus. If it has none, it gains 1 focus during the Control Phase. Ranged attacks auto-miss this target while it has a focus. Once per turn during their activation, a friendly Faction warcaster can take that focus. When a focus is removed you roll a d6 and on a 1 or a 2 the Wrack explodes as per Fiery Blast.
Thoughts on Wrack
Wrack in a nutshell
The Wrack is a cheap solo that provides Warcasters with extra focus. For one point a model, Wracks are the most efficient source of extra focus for the Protectorate. Each turn, all Wracks generate a focus that can be pulled onto a nearby Warcaster. When focus is pulled from them, they occasionally erupt in a fiery explosion that engulfs everything in a 5" AOE. In addition, Wracks have terrible defensive stats and tend to die whenever anything so ever as glances at them. They have an ability called Suffering's Prayer that can help protect them from ranged attacks, but it can be circumvented. Knowing where to place Wracks and when to pull focus from them is key to fully utilizing their effectiveness.
Combos & Synergies
- All Warcasters benefit from more focus. At one point for a model, Wracks are an excellent filler option for any list.
- Thyra, Flame of Sorrow's feat can place the Wrack anywhere completely within 2" of it's starting location. This feat can be used offensively to extent the threat range of the Wrack's Fiery Blast.
- High Executioner Servath Reznik can create Wracks through his Excruciator ability. He can use these Wracks offensively by killing an enemy warrior model, wracking it near other opposing models, and striking it with his weapon to activate Fiery Blast. If he is exactly 2" away, he won't be hit by it.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- The Wrack never produces a soul, even if it explodes via 'Sufffering Prayer', so it has no synergy with anything that collects souls (such as High Exemplar Gravus, Testament of Menoth, Reclaimer Gatekeeper)
- The Wrack is still susceptible to aoe and blast damage while under the protection of Suffering's Prayer.
- Attacks that technically aren't ranged attacks, such as electro leaps, can circumvent the protection of Suffering's Prayer.
- Models with 2" reach on their melee weapons can attack and kill a Wrack without being in range to be hit by Fiery Blast.
Tricks & Tips
- You need to be considerate about when you decide to pull focus from a Wrack because it explodes 33% of the time. Never assume that a Wrack will provide more than one focus a game and build your list accordingly.
- The Wrack's Fiery Blast is Fire damage, so models with Fire Immunity such as Flameguard Cleansers and Exemplar Cinerators can safely walk near a Wrack without worry of taking damage.
Originally released in Warmachine: Escalation (2004)
- The Creator's Might - (Article) (Category)
- Exemplar Interdiction - (Article) (Category)
- The Faithful Masses - (Article) (Category)
Other Protectorate models
|Warcasters||Ashlynn - Bartolo - Damiano - MacBain - Durgen - Ossrum - Magnus1 - Magnus2|
Requires a 2+ caster game
|Other Controllers||Mini-casters||Gastone Crosse - Rorsh & Brine|
|Marshals||Colbie Sterling - Dirty Meg - Rutger Shaw|
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The mercenary battlegroup members you can include in a Protectorate army depends entirely on which mercenary 'caster is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what it can take.|
|Mercenary Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Horgenhold Artillery - Horgenhold Forge Guard - Ogrun Assault Corps - Press Gangers - Sea Dog Deck Gun - Sea Dog Pirates - Steelhead Halberdiers - Steelhead Cavalry - Steelhead Riflemen - Thorn Gun Mages|
Captain Sam & the Devildogs - Croe's Cutthroats - Blythe & Bull - Herne & Jonne - Aiyana & Holt
|Solos||Alten Ashley - Anastasia - Bradigan - Grogspar - Colbie Sterling - Dirty Meg - Doc Killingsworth - Eiryss1 - Eiryss2 - Hawk - Gastone - Gorman - Bailoch - Rockbottom - Dougal - Orin - Rhupert - Rorsh & Brine - Rutger - Saxon - Sergeant Nicolas - Stannis - Taryn|
|Warcaster attachments||Madelyn Corbeau|