Fluff blurb (Copy from PP)
Weapons and Attacks
- Ice Breath - Ranged attack: 8" spray, POW 12.
- Claw x2 - 0.5" melee RNG, P+S 12.
- Light Warbeast
- Immunity: Cold - This model does not suffer cold damage.
- Regeneration [d3] - This model may be forced to heal d3 damage boxes, once per activation. It can't run in the same activation.
- Winter Coat - Cheap animus which gives the caster Immunity: Cold and Freezer. (Freezer - An enemy model that ends its activation near this model becomes stationary unless it has Cold Immunity.)
Thoughts on Winter Troll
Winter Troll in a nutshell
The Winter Troll is a spray-warbeast with a very low RAT so it has to boost to hit anything smaller than a Colossal or Titan. And this also takes away many of the crits that would otherwise nicely freeze people.
Combos & Synergies
- Captain Gunnbjorn and the Hunters Grim both give it a chance of hitting without boosting for each hit.
- Stationary on multi-wound enemies, especially Leader models, that cannot shake the effect, can be effective.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- It usually must boost to hit with its spray and usually wants the crit effect. It thus drinks focus.
- Lowest RAT of Trollblood warbeasts with a ranged attack.
Tricks & Tips
- Stationary is a great effect - so you want to boost if aiming at a heavy.
Comparison to Mk2
- Same old - it wasn't used there either.
Theme Forces this is a member of
- Themes for generic warbeasts (Edit)
Other faction models
|Warlocks||Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Minion Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|