|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Ice Breath - 8" spray, POW 12 gun
- Claw (x2) - 0.5" reach, P+S 12 melee weapons
- Warbeast - All warbeasts share a huge stack of special rules. The short version is they're big, furious, and beat stuff up pretty good.
- Immunity: Cold - This model does not suffer cold damage.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Regeneration [d3] - This model may be forced to heal d3 damage boxes, once per activation. It can't run in the same activation.
Winter Coat - Cost 1
- The caster gains Immunity: Cold and Freezer for one round. (Freezer - An enemy model that ends its activation within 2" of this model becomes stationary unless it has Cold Immunity.)
2017.07 Northkin CID
- Gained Northkin, giving it a slight bonus in Storm of the North
- Gained +1 RAT and Pathfinder
Thoughts on Winter Troll
Winter Troll in a nutshell
The Winter Troll is a spray-warbeast with a very low RAT so it has to boost to hit anything smaller than a Colossal or Titan. And this also takes away many of the crits that would otherwise nicely freeze people.
Combos & Synergies
- Captain Gunnbjorn and the Hunters Grim both give it a chance of hitting without boosting for each hit.
- Stationary on multi-wound enemies, especially Leader models, that cannot shake the effect, can be effective.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- It usually must boost to hit with its spray and usually wants the crit effect. It thus drinks focus.
Tricks & Tips
- Stationary is a great effect - so you want to boost if aiming at a heavy.
Released in Hordes: Evolution (2007)
- Kriel Company - (Article) (Category)
- Themes for any-and-all warbeasts (Edit)
Other Trollblood models
|Warlocks||Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Minion Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|
| See also the Warbeast page for a recap of the core warbeast rules.