Winter Guard Artillery Kapitan
The artillery kapitans of the Winter Guard understand the true strength of Khadoran artillery. Under their command, crews lay down fearsome barrages just ahead of their advancing troops, decimating enemy lines while creating a chaotic environment that Khadoran forces can turn to their advantage. Often friendly troops are caught in these blasts, but a kapitan knows such losses are a necessary price of victory.
|Winter Guard Artillery Kapitan|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Blunderbuss - 8" range, POW 12 gun
- Axe - 0.5" reach, P+S 9 melee weapon.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Artillerist (★ Action) - Target friendly Faction model in CMD range gains +2 RAT on its next AOE ranged attack this turn. Also, it can re-roll direction and/or distance if it does not directly hit.
- Close Fire (★ Action) - Target friendly Faction weapon crew within CMD range gains Clear! for one turn. (Clear! - This model automatically misses friendly models with ranged attacks.)
- Fire & Displace (★ Action) - Target a friendly Faction weapon crew within CMD range. It gains gains Reposition [2"] for one turn. (Reposition [2"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to 2", then its activation ends.)
Thoughts on Winter Guard Artillery Kapitan
Winter Guard Artillery Kapitan in a nutshell
The Kapitan helps out your Winter Guard Mortar Crew, as well as any of your AOE-shooting warjacks. In particular he helps out your warjacks from needing to spend focus on boosting attack rolls in order to hit even low def targets.
Most of the time, you'll want to use Artillerist to buff the mediocre RAT of most Khador AOE shots.
Combos & Synergies
Pretty handy with a wide range of warjacks from the Destroyer to Victor.
Drawbacks & Downsides
He is less helpful with warjacks with multiple AOE's such as Behemoth or the Demolisher.
Tricks & Tips
Originally released in 2016 June.
Other Khador models