You may be looking for one of these:
Circle Heavy Warbeast
Warpwolves are humans that have been transformed into savage beasts well suited for battle. The druids of the Circle Orboros use the vicious feral warpwolves to strike their enemies hard and fast, unleashing them to sow death and discord with tooth and claw. Contrastingly, the white-furred purebloods cut swathes through the enemies of Orboros with measured ferocity and bone-shattering howls. Retaining some portion of their human intellects, the sword-wielding stalkers are stealthy killers that prowl behind enemy lines and strike without warning.
- 1 Basic Info
- 1.1 Weapons and Attacks
- 1.2 Special Abilities
- 1.3 Animus
- 1.4 Analysis of Warpwolf Stalker
- 1.5 Other
- 1.6 Other faction models
Weapons and Attacks
- Claw - 1" range P&S 14 attacks
- Great Sword - 2" range, P+S 16 melee attack
- Heavy Warbeast
- Controlled Warping - This model must choose one of the following benefits when it activates. When it frenzies it chooses Warp Strength.
- Berserk - When this model destroys one or more models with a melee attack during its Combat Action, immediately after the attack is resolved it must make one additional melee attack against another model in its melee range.
- Prowl - While concealed this model has stealth.
- Warp Strength - This model gains +2 STR.
- Regeneration [D3] - This model may be forced to heal D3 damage boxes, once per activation. It can't run in the same activation.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
Lightning Strike - Cost 1, Self ranged animus that gives the caster Sprint. (Sprint - If this model destroys or RFPs an enemy in melee during its activation, at the end of its activation it can make a full advance, then its activation ends.)
Analysis of Warpwolf Stalker
Warpwolf Stalker in a nutshell
The Warpwolf Stalker is a powerful and flexible warbeast and considered iconic to the Circle. The combination of its sword and Warp Strength let it hit hard. The combination of its long sword and Berserk let it thresh infantry. And its speed and Pathfinder lets it reach the enemy to kill them. It's very simple, very effective, and should possibly be any Circle player's first purchase after the battle box.
Combos & Synergies
- The Stalker doesn't really need support. It does what it does and does it well.
- Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress or the Blackclad Wayfarer - Hunter's Mark is an excellent threat range extender that provides free charges.
- Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew provide an easy way to turn prowl in to stealth.
- Theme - Call of the Wild makes Lightning Strike a free animus.
- Due to the wording of the respective abilities, a stalker can be placed via Kaya the Moonhunter & Laris’s feat then move via sprint from it’s animus, but not the other way round.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- As heavies go, it's squishy.
- As with the other Warpwolves, it's high defense can be overcome with any sort of knockdown mechanic.
Tricks and Tactics
Changes from Mk II
In Mk2 it was the best Circle heavy by a long margin. Lightning Strike is now self only. The rest of the heavies got buffed, so it's now probably the best of the Warp Wolves but each one has a role to play.
Theme Forces this model is a member of
Themes for generic warbeasts (Edit)
Themes only for Living warbeasts (Edit)