|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Warpborn Skinwalkers are Devourer worshippers who chose to undergo a partial transformation that leaves their minds more human while empowering them with a bestial strength. These monsters wade through opposing formations, ripping soldiers apart with their jaws or their hefty polearms.
Alpha - Command Attachment
Ravenous and brutal, warpborn alphas are fearsome combatants that lay low enemies and feast upon them even as they die screaming.
- Pole Axe - 2" reach, P+S 12 melee weapon.
- Alpha only
- Officer - This model is the unit commander even if the unit has a Leader model.
- Night Howls (Minifeat) - Once per game, the Alpha can use Night Howls. For one round enemy models cannot cast spells or give or receive orders while within 3" of any Warpborn that is in formation.
- Tactics: Gang - The unit gains Gang. (Gang - When making a melee attack targeting an enemy model in the melee range of another model in this unit, this model gains +2 to melee attack and melee damage rolls. )
Analysis of Warpborn Skinwalkers
Warpborn Skinwalkers in a Nutshell
Warpborn Skinwalkers are some of the toughest infantry in the game. The only other infantry with as many wounds as they do are either Convergence and made of metal or Khador's Man-O-Wars. The Alpha's Gang ability gives them the offence they need.
Combos & Synergies
The tough benefit from being tougher. Anything that gives a mass ARM buff
- Baldur the Stonesoul with his feat.
- Morvahna the Dawnshadow finds them a great unit to bring back with her feat.
- Grayle the Farstrider has Tactician:Wolf Sworn and the Death March spell, both of which work well for them.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- One mediocre attack per model. They are hard to kill - but don't do much work themselves. A shield not a sword.
Tricks and Tips
- Without unyielding, their arm isn't that great. Running to engage can often make them safer than not.
- Base unit released in Forces of Hordes: Circle Orboros (2010)
- CA released in Hordes: Gargantuans (2013)
Other Circle models
Note to Editors