❝ Each war hog is over a ton of muscled, bristling rage strong enough to rend steel and tear the living flesh from the bones of enemy warbeasts. Enhanced by alchemical and mechanikal augmentations, these products of dark experimentation are goaded by the farrow into a state of frenzied bloodlust. With twin war cleavers and massive tusks, war hogs mercilessly slaughter their enemies, answering the screams of their victims with primitive grunts of delight. ❞
|Minion Farrow Heavy Warbeast|
- War Cleaver (×2) ❙ Melee ❙ COST: 12 ❙ RNG: 1 ❙ ROF: 43 ❙ AOE: 65 ❙ POW: 5 ❙ P+S: 16 ❙ DUR: 90 ❙ OFF: 90
- Gore ❙ Melee ❙ COST: 12 ❙ RNG: 1 ❙ ROF: 43 ❙ AOE: 65 ❙ POW: 4 ❙ P+S: 15 ❙ DUR: 90 ❙ OFF: 90 Backup melee weapon.
- Aggression Dial - This model can be forced to use Aggression Dial at any time during its activation. This model gains +2 STR that activation. At the end of that activation, this model suffers d3 damage points. Aggression Dial can be used only once per activation.
- Irresistible Force - Cost 1
- The caster gains Bulldoze for one turn. (Bulldoze - When this model is B2B with an enemy model during its Normal Movement, it can push that model up to 2" directly away from it. A model can be pushed by Bulldoze only once per activation. Bulldoze has no effect when this model makes a trample power attack.)
Analysis of War Hog
War Hog in a nutshell
The War Hog is a stone cold melee killer of heavies. Hitting hard and crunching through things.
Combos & Synergies
- Battle Boar For when you really don't want that Colossal to survive
- Dr. Arkadius Probably overkill with Arkadius. Which means they get the job done.
- Helga the Conquerer Field Marshal: Gang Fighter makes them wreck stuff.
- Lord Carver, BMMD, Esq. III Batten Down the Hatches takes them above Khadoran armor, and his feat will turn them into wrecking balls.
- Sturm & Drang Under Sturm they get in unscathed thanks to the ARM buff and Shield Guard. Drang makes them more terrifying than normal
Drawbacks & Downsides
- It's a very obvious target to enemies. They will probably not ignore them!
- Getting bogged up by infantry puts them in a pickle.
Tricks & Tips
- Chop Chop Chop! Show those Heavies what happens when other people become bacon and ham!
Comparison to Mk2
They lost their anti-infantry game but got more dangerous in melee vs. heavies and slightly cheaper.
Theme Forces this is a member of
- The Thornfall Alliance - (Article) (Category)
- Disciples of Agony - (Article) (Category) - note that this is a Skorne theme force.