|Crucible Guard CID is now live (Edit)||
Rules subject to change.
This is a new model, and the information here is what was given at the start of the CID cycle
- Aqua Mortuum Rocket - 14" range, 4" AOE, POW 14 gun
- Unlike most Colossals, it's main gun is located in only one Field of Fire, the Left.
- Arcing Fire - When attacking with this weapon, this model can ignore intervening models except those within 1" of the target.
- Chem Trail - The AOE remains in play for one round. While in the AOE, models are affected by the chosen Alchemical Vents effect. While the Vulcan's S system is crippled, Chem Trails don't apply.
- Minimum Range  - Attacks made with this weapon cannot target models within 5" of this model.
- Template:Primary Weapon
- Reload  - This model can focus to make up to 1 additional ranged attack(s) with this weapon during its Combat Action. It can make one additional attack for each focus spent.
- Vitriolic Defragulator (x2) - 10" spray, POW 14 ranged attacks
- Fist (x2) - 2" reach, P+S 19 melee weapons
- Colossal - Colossals are giant warjacks, even bigger and stompier. They all share a stack of standard special rules.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Immunity: Corrosion - This model does not suffer corrosion damage, nor the continuous corrosion effect.
- Immunity: Fire - This model does not suffer fire damage, nor the continuous fire effect.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Alchemical Vents - At the beginning of the Vulcan's activation, choose one of the following effects. While within 5" of the Vulcan, models are affected by it. While its S system is crippled, the Vulcan loses Alchemical Vents. Alchemical Vents last for one round.
- Bulldoze - When this model is B2B with an enemy model during its Normal Movement, it can push that model up to 2" directly away from it. A model can be pushed by Bulldoze only once per activation. Bulldoze has no effect when this model makes a trample power attack.
Thoughts on Vulcan
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Vulcan in a nutshell
The Vulcan is a rolling alchemical dispersion factory. Releasing gases and firing rockets filled with all sorts of chemicals to turn the battlefield into an unfavorable place for the Crucible Guard’s opponents is the purpose of the Vulcan. Once again, causing different effects with its attack types is key to this model’s concept. We want this to be a ranged centric Colossal. (Please note that there was a type-o on the spoiler for the Vulcan. It's Rocket is located on it's Right, not it's Left.)
Combos & Synergies
Drawbacks and Downsides
Tricks and Tips
Other Crucible Guard models
|Warcasters||Aurum Legate Lukas di Morray - Aurum Adeptus Syvestro - Marshal General Baldwin Gearhart & Mr. Clogg - Aurum Lucanum Athanor Locke - Captain Eira Mackay|
|Warcaster attachments||Aurum Legate Alyce Marc - Sylys Wyshnalyrr (Mercenary) - Madelyn Corbeau (Mercenary)|
|Liberator - Retaliator - Vanguard||Suppresor - Toro - Vindicator||Vulcan|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Infantry - Assault Troopers - Combat Alchemists - Dragon's Breath Rocket - Rocketmen - Shock Troopers - |
Ranking Officer : Doctor Adolpheus Morely
|Solos|| Rocketman Ace - Mechanik - Trancer|
Prospero - Gorman - Hutchuck
|Battle Engines||Railless Interceptor|
|Primae Materia - Magnum Opus|
Note to self: I need to update this rules section after the CID rules are finalised - juckto.