|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Rules subject to change.
This is a new model, and the information here is what was given at the start of the CID cycle
- Aqua Mortuum Rocket - 14" range, 4" AOE, POW 14 gun
- Unlike most Colossals, it's main gun is located in only one Field of Fire, the Right one (confirmed by developers, the rocket being on the Left is an error).
- Arcing Fire - When attacking with this weapon, this model can ignore intervening models except those within 1" of the target.
- Chem Trail - The AOE remains in play for one round. While in the AOE, models are affected by the chosen Alchemical Vents effect. While the Vulcan's S system is crippled, Chem Trails don't apply.
- Minimum Range  - Attacks made with this weapon cannot target models within 5" of this model.
- Primary Weapon - This model can only make attacks with this weapon during its Combat Action.
- Reload  - This model can focus to make up to 1 additional ranged attack(s) with this weapon during its Combat Action. It can make one additional attack for each focus spent.
- Vitriolic Defragulator (x2) - 10" spray, POW 14 ranged attacks
- Fist (x2) - 2" reach, P+S 19 melee weapons
- Colossal - Colossals are giant warjacks, even bigger and stompier. They all share a stack of standard special rules.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Immunity: Corrosion - This model does not suffer corrosion damage, nor the continuous corrosion effect.
- Immunity: Fire - This model does not suffer fire damage, nor the continuous fire effect.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Alchemical Vents - At the beginning of the Vulcan's activation, choose one of the following effects. While within 5" of the Vulcan, models are affected by it. While its S system is crippled, the Vulcan loses Alchemical Vents. Alchemical Vents last for one round.
- Iron Bane - Affected enemy constructs without Immunity: Corrosion suffer Rust. A construct suffering Rust suffers -2 ARM.
- Miasma of Death - Affected living enemy models lose Tough and cannot have damage removed from them unless they can ignore gas effects.
- Unnatural Affliction - affected enemy models lose Immunity: Cold, Immunity: Corrosion, Immunity: Electricity and Immunity: Fire.
- Bulldoze - When this model is B2B with an enemy model during its Normal Movement, it can push that model up to 2" directly away from it. A model can be pushed by Bulldoze only once per activation. Bulldoze has no effect when this model makes a trample power attack.
Thoughts on Vulcan
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Vulcan in a nutshell
The Vulcan is a rolling alchemical dispersion factory. Its main weapon is made to work in concert with the whole army. It removes Tough and messes up most warbeasts. Cripple one aspect, lob a Miasma of Death at them. They either waste their activation to move away THEN get healed or get little work done. Lowering 'jacks' ARM is ever useful, and with the plethora of elemental weaponry the faction has, making sure the enemy DOES NOT benefit from them is priceless. It is also quite speedy and accurate for a Colossal.
Combos & Synergies
- EVERY in-faction model that has an elemental weapon. It cannot be stressed enough how stripping elemental immunities from enemy models can make the opponent vulnerable to your entire army.
- Marshal General Baldwin Gearhart & Mr. Clogg grants it Hot-Shot to melt infantry caught in its Blast/Sprays. He also grants Prey on feat turn. Do I need to say more?
- Prospero has the ever-useful Veteran Leader and Guided Fire for extra accurate spray attacks.
- Aurum Lucanum Athanor Locke can make it into a speedy (13" of threat range!), free charging, ARM 22, P+S 21 (23 if it uses Rust on a 'jack) with Jackhammer. She also can repair it herself.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- It doesn't use Prospero's Instability Equation for nothing but the free focus, as it cannot be knocked down, disrupted or turn around outside of its activation. You also DO NOT want it to roll a bad Unstable roll on a 37 points investment.
- Aurum Lucanum Athanor Locke runs it worse than you'd think. While her feat can make it effectively ARM 22 and she can provide Jackhammer and Redline, it sadly cannot use Road to War and Sentry.
- 90% OF ITS RANGE GAME is one field of fire. If it's close enough to be using it's own aura, it can't use the thing either.
Tricks and Tips
Other Crucible Guard models
|Warcasters||Aurum Legate Lukas di Morray - Aurum Adeptus Syvestro - Marshal General Baldwin Gearhart & Mr. Clogg - Aurum Lucanum Athanor Locke - Captain Eira Mackay|
|Warcaster attachments||Aurum Legate Alyce Marc - Sylys Wyshnalyrr (Mercenary) - Madelyn Corbeau (Mercenary)|
|Liberator - Retaliator - Vanguard||Suppresor - Toro - Vindicator||Vulcan|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Infantry - Assault Troopers - Combat Alchemists - Dragon's Breath Rocket - Rocketmen - Shock Troopers - |
Ranking Officer : Doctor Adolpheus Morely
|Solos|| Rocketman Ace - Mechanik - Trancer|
Prospero - Gorman - Hutchuck
|Battle Engines||Railless Interceptor|
|Primae Materia - Magnum Opus|
Note to self: I need to update this rules section after the CID rules are finalised - juckto.