|Crucible Guard CID is now live (Edit)||
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Claws - 0.5" reach, P+S 8 melee weapon.
- Attachment: [Minion unit with Amphibious] - This model can be attached to a Minion unit with Amphibious unit.
- Amphibious - This model treats shallow water as open terrain while advancing. While completely in shallow water, this model gains concealment and does not block line of sight.
- Attachment Deployment - If the unit this model is attached to has Advance Deployment or Ambush, this model gains that ability.
- Mage Static - While this model is in formation, enemy magic attacks targeting a model in its unit suffer -5 RNG.
- Wasting Power - The Void Leech can use Wasting Power at any time during its unit's activation. When it does so, enemy animi & upkeep spells on the unit expire, then the Leech is RFP'd.
Thoughts on Void Leech
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Void Leech in a nutshell
The Void Leech is a very cheap unit attachment to convince the enemy not to cast spells on your unit; both a 5 point range debuff and the ability to cancel a debilitating upkeep like Crippling Grasp. They also stop bullets.
Combos & Synergies
There are only a few units to date they can attach to. All of which have their advantages.
- Gatorman Bokor & Bog Trog Swamp Shamblers get to double dip out of the Void Leech, with the Bokor getting the corpse out of the Leech when it dies and bringing it back as a Shambler.
- Croak Raiders are advance deploying, making them a spell magnet. They also have Gang - which the leech can trigger even if it can't benefit from.
- Bog Trog Ambushers ambush or advance deploy so they get nearer to the enemy caster than most units do most games.
- Gatorman Posse are as big spell magnets as anything you field.
- Croak Trappers only ever take them as the cheapest multiple sacrificial pawn option for Rask. And if cost is your main worry to get any targets a single Bog Trog Mist Speaker hanging back with Rask will save you from the dice-spike assassination and does a lot more for Rask.
There are also some other good choices for making use of their abilities as a bog trog and living model.
- At one point for a model they go very well with soul-and-corpse collectors like the Boil Master & Spirit Cauldron, the Gatorman Bokor & Bog Trog Swamp Shamblers, and the Sacral Vault.
- Rask likes cheap Void Spirits to Call To Sacrifice to.
- Barnabas, Lord of Blood likes cheap models to sacrifice to his feat and the Leech is among the cheapest.
- Bog Trog Mist Speaker provides them with +1 to hit from Veteran Leader.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- There's little point attaching more than one to a unit.
- The Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew costs as little per model and is normally more useful.
- Entire games will go by without getting an offensive spell they'd have stopped, and minions have other options (like the Thrullg, Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor, or Eilish Garrity, the Occultist) to deal with offensive upkeeps and you can get them free in theme forces. This means that the Void Spirit is mostly a point filler.
Tricks & Tips
- The Gatorman Bokor can shunt a point of damage to a void leech, then gain its corpse token.
- If you're ever 1-2 points short of enough units in The Blindwater Congregation (or Disciples of Agony) for a free solo the Void Leech is worth looking at.
Released in Blindwater CID (2017.09)
|Circle Orboros (Edit)||Legion of Everblight (Edit)|
|Skorne (Edit)||Trollbloods (Edit)|
Other Minion models
Rules Clarification : Void Leech
| * The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)