Vladimir Tzepesci, the Dark Champion
After nearly dying in battle against Cryx in the Thornwood, Vladmir Tzepesci, the Dark Prince, was rescued and nursed back to health by the Old Witch over many months. When he awoke from his slumber he found the Old Witch had restored his body and taught him much through his dreams about the power of kings and how to command the wind and sky. Before leaving the Witch's lair, he was commanded to reforge his ruined weapons into a blade as powerful as those wielded in the time of the true kings. The greatsword Dominion is the result of Vladmir's toils to meet this command. He emerged from the Old Witch's lair a true champion of Khador. He stands ready to aid the Old Witch when he is most needed to protect the motherland from the dangers few mortal men realize imperil their lives.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Vladimir Tzepesci, the Dark Champion
- 3 Other
Weapons and Attacks
- Dominion - Long reach, above average P+S melee weapon.
- Warcaster - This model comes with a bunch of special rules, most notably being really awesome at everything.
- Great Power - This model can upkeep one spell each turn for free.
- Might of Kings - Vladimir gains bonus STR & ARM while damaged. If he is ever damaged by a friendly model, he loses Might of Kings for the rest of the game.
- Righteous Vengeance - If a friendly Faction model dies near this model, next turn this model gets a free small move and melee attack during the maintenance phase.
Feat : Blood Legacy
Choose d3 + 3 Faction non-warcaster warrior models. They gain a bonus to SPD, STR, MAT, RAT, DEF and ARM for one round.
- Arcane Might - Upkeep spell that allows friendly faction warrior models to spend focus currently on the caster to boost melee attack or damage rolls.
- Assail - Upkeep spell that lets a warjack charge, slam, or trample for free and with increased range. Also, models are slammed further.
- Hand of Fate - Upkeep spell which lets a Faction model/unit roll an extra die on all attack and damage rolls, then discard the lowest.
- Martial Paragon - Upkeep spell which gives Vladimir an extra die on melee attack rolls and Parry. (Parry - This model cannot be targeted by free strikes.)
- Razor Wind - Low cost, long range offensive spell with average POW.
- Wind Blast - Place a large AOE anywhere in the caster's CTRL. It immediately removes clouds it touches, and models can't make ranged attacks while standing in it.
Thoughts on Vladimir Tzepesci, the Dark Champion
Note to Editors
Comparison to Mk2
Vladimir Tzepesci, the Dark Champion in a nutshell
Thoughts on when & how to best use his feat and spells
Typical Army & Strategy
Having good solos are a good idea with this variant of Vlad. Kayazy eliminators are exceptional models for his feat. A Man-O-War Drakhun or Kovnik can also unleash a catastrophe if positioned correctly.
Drawbacks, Downsides, & Bad Match-Ups
Tricks & Tips
- Originally released in Warmachine: Apotheosis (2005)
Theme Forces this is a member of
- None yet
Other faction models