Visgoth Juviah Rhoven & Honor Guard
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Visgoth Rhoven's leadership and prayers both support and inspire the faithful around him as he presses the attack against the enemies of Menoth. His tireless honor guard accompany him everywhere. These veteran exemplars bear consecrated halberds and rarely take to the battlefield, but the stakes in the current crusade have simply risen too high.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Visgoth Juviah Rhoven & Honor Guard
- 3 Other
|Visgoth Juviah Rhoven & Honor Guard|
|HP (Guard)||8 each|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Staff of Sulon - 2" reach, P+S 12 melee weapon
- Officer - This model is the unit commander even if the unit has a Leader model.
- Battle Wizard - Once per turn during its activation, when this model destroys one or more living enemy models with a melee attack, it can use one of its Magic Abilities for free afterwards.
- Magic Ability [ 8 ] - This model can use its Combat Action to cast spells. Offensive spells are a (★ Attack) and friendly spells are a (★ Action).
- Cleansing Fire (★ Attack) - 8" range, 3" AOE, POW 14 Fire Damage magic attack. On a Critical hit it causes Continuous Fire.
- Menoth's Sight (★ Action) - Choose a friendly Faction model. For one turn, while that model is in Rhoven's CMD, it gains Eyeless Sight.
- Purifying Prayer (★ Action) - Animi and continuous effects in this model's CMD expire.
Honor Guards - Gius & Cassian
- Consecrated Halberd - 2" reach, P+S 11 melee weapon
- Exemplar - The Guards are Exemplar models. Rhoven is not an Exemplar model, and the unit is not a Exemplar unit.
- Set Defense - Charge attacks, slam attacks, and impact attacks versus this model suffer a -2 to hit penalty.
- Shield Guard - Once per round, when a friendly model is directly hit by a non-spray ranged attack during your opponent's turn while within 3" of this model, you can choose to have this model directly hit instead. This model is automatically hit and suffers all damage and effects. This model cannot use Shield Guard while it is incorporeal, knocked down, or stationary.
Thoughts on Visgoth Juviah Rhoven & Honor Guard
Visgoth Juviah Rhoven & Honor Guard in a nutshell
Point for point the Honor Guard are among the cheapest Shield Guards around (only slightly more expensive than Trollkin Warders) - and Visgoth Rhoven comes with a number of nice little tricks, most notably the ability to hand out Eyeless Sight.
At three points a piece they are all effective combat models in the second wave. All three are MAT 8, Rhoven has access to a MA8 battle wizard and the honour guards are weapon masters. Even in match ups where Rhovens tricks are not useful, they will perform adequately in combat.
Combos & Synergies
- Menoth's Sight is extremely useful on a Reckoner or Vessel of Judgement for removing any important enemy solo hiding behind a cloud effect.
- Gius & Cassian are not Grunts but they are troopers, so can be brought back by the High Reclaimer1's feat.
- A warcaster can receive Menoth's Sight behind your lines, and then arc spells at stealthed or concealed targets. However this doesn't work for seeing through clouds. Particularly useful for Severius1 and Severius2.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- They don't get much direct work done compared to Knights Exemplar - you're bringing them for the shield guards and Rhoven's tricks.
Tricks & Tips
- Keep them in the second wave. Charging weapon masters hurt, but they're no good to you if they die in the first wave.
- You have to be in Rhoven's short (6") command range for Menoth's Sight to work - however you don't need to be in range when you select a model. This means you advance with Rhoven, cast his spell selecting something out of range or sight, and then advance into his command range with that model to shoot.
Comparison to Mk2
- They gained shield guard but Rhoven lost some tricks.
- Originally released in Warmachine: Legends (2008)
- Sculptor: Todd Harris
- Cassian is the one holding his helmet.
Other Protectorate models
|Warcasters||Ashlynn - Bartolo - Damiano - MacBain - Durgen - Ossrum - Magnus1 - Magnus2|
Requires a 2+ caster game
|Other Controllers||Mini-casters||Gastone Crosse - Rorsh & Brine|
|Marshals||Colbie Sterling - Dirty Meg - Rutger Shaw|
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The mercenary battlegroup members you can include in a Protectorate army depends entirely on which mercenary 'caster is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what it can take.|
|Mercenary Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Horgenhold Artillery - Horgenhold Forge Guard - Ogrun Assault Corps - Press Gangers - Sea Dog Deck Gun - Sea Dog Pirates - Steelhead Halberdiers - Steelhead Cavalry - Steelhead Riflemen - Thorn Gun Mages|
Captain Sam & the Devildogs - Croe's Cutthroats - Blythe & Bull - Herne & Jonne - Aiyana & Holt
|Solos||Alten Ashley - Anastasia - Bradigan - Grogspar - Colbie Sterling - Dirty Meg - Doc Killingsworth - Eiryss1 - Eiryss2 - Hawk - Gastone - Gorman - Bailoch - Rockbottom - Dougal - Orin - Rhupert - Rorsh & Brine - Rutger - Saxon - Sergeant Nicolas - Stannis - Taryn|
|Warcaster attachments||Madelyn Corbeau|
| * The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)