|Crucible Guard CID is now live (Edit)||
Rules subject to change.
This is a new model, and the information here is what was given at the start of the CID cycle
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Multi-Chambered Compression Cannon - Range 10, AoE 4, POW 14.
- Attack Type - Each time this weapon is used to make an attack, choose one of the following special rules:
- Steam Pressure - If the Mule uses its Normal Movement to aim, it gains +4 RNG with the Steam Lobber.
- Maul - 2" reach, P+S 17 melee weapon.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Immunity: Corrosion - This model does not suffer corrosion damage, nor the continuous corrosion effect.
- Immunity:Fire - This model does not suffer fire damage, nor the continuous fire effect.
Thoughts on Vindicator
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Vindicator in a nutshell
The Vindicator is a fire support warjack akin to a Defender or the Mule. It is based on the Toro chassis. It should have basic combat abilities but be primarily focused on its ranged attack. It’s Multi-Chambered Compression Cannon uses different ammo reservoirs to deliver a variety of alchemical goo to opponents. Each attack type should have a niche to fill.
A simple ranged warjack, the extra dice of damage from Decrepitation lets the vindicator do a brutal amount of damage to enemy jacks, while psychoactive gas lets it really mess up the day of warbeasts. It has a relatively low threat range (although can aim fairly readily but within that range does everything you would expect a shooty heavy to do and a few things besides (like deals with incorporeal models).
Combos & Synergies
Drawbacks and Downsides
Tricks and Tips
Other Crucible Guard models
|Warcasters||Aurum Legate Lukas di Morray - Aurum Adeptus Syvestro - Marshal General Baldwin Gearhart & Mr. Clogg - Aurum Lucanum Athanor Locke - Captain Eira Mackay|
|Warcaster attachments||Aurum Legate Alyce Marc - Sylys Wyshnalyrr (Mercenary) - Madelyn Corbeau (Mercenary)|
|Liberator - Retaliator - Vanguard||Suppresor - Toro - Vindicator||Vulcan|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Infantry - Assault Troopers - Combat Alchemists - Dragon's Breath Rocket - Rocketmen - Shock Troopers - |
Ranking Officer : Doctor Adolpheus Morely
|Solos|| Rocketman Ace - Mechanik - Trancer|
Prospero - Gorman - Hutchuck
|Battle Engines||Railless Interceptor|
|Primae Materia - Magnum Opus|
Note to self: I need to update this rules section after the CID rules are finalised - juckto.
| * The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)