Khadoran colossals are mountains of steel bristling with some of the most powerful weapons ever deployed in the Iron Kingdoms. The Victor’s massive siege mortar and its sophisticated loading system bring unmatched versatility to the battlefield, while its autocannons neutralize airborn threats with pinpoint accuracy.
Rules subject to change.
This is a existing model, and the information here is the rules it had before the CID cycle.
If you wish to document the CID changes before they're finalised, please do so under the Recent Changes heading only.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Siege Mortar - 20" range, 5" AOE, POW 15 gun.
- Arcing Fire - When attacking with this weapon, this model can ignore intervening models except those within 1" of the target.
- Attack Type - Each time this weapon is used to make an attack, choose one of the following special rules:
- Inaccurate - This model suffers -4 to attack rolls with this weapon.
- Minimum Range  - Attacks made with this weapon cannot target models within 6" of this model.
- Auto Cannon (x2) - 10" range, ROF d3, POW 12 guns.
- Fist (x2) - 2" reach, P+S 23 melee weapons.
- Colossal - Colossals are giant warjacks, even bigger and stompier. They all share a stack of standard special rules.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
2018.02 Armored Korps CID
- Week 1 - Points Cost reduced to 36
- Week 2 V2 - Points Cost reduced to 34
- Week 3 - Removed Inaccurate, removed Minimum Range, Auto Cannon Range increased to 12"
Thoughts on Victor
Victor in a nutshell
The Victor differentiates itself from the Conquest by having a longer range main gun with three ammo types that cover a wider variety of match-ups. Need to slow a non pathfinder enemy down? You have a 5" AOE for that. Need To get rid of stealth and lower some defense? Need to set the world on fire? Victor can do this for you, but his painfully low RAT (effective RAT 0) makes it so you need to rely on the 5" AOE and good deviation rolls to get your shots with the main gun on target. Victors secondary guns are the polar opposite; RNG 10 is painfully short range but d3 shots in each arc means you have several attempts at hitting, and Flak Fire means you are actually able to hit the high defense that most flying models have if they are in range.
Big and shooty. Take Victor if you want a Colossal for his different ammo types and main gun. Reach for the Conquest if you want Creeping Barrage's POW 10 templates to protect your army and a more accurate gun with crit devastation.
Combos & Synergies
- Winter Guard Artillery Captain: Can make the Victors wildly inaccurate main gun less inaccurate by giving in +2 to hit but more importantly re-rolls on the direction and distance deviated.
- Harkevich: Two siege mortar shots a round with broadside is amusing, and Mobility gives the Victor much needed movement. Sadly keep in mind that Fieldmarshal: Reposition does not work on Colossals.
- Strakhov: Sentry gets you a second shot with the siege mortar every round and Victor is a good way to proc Overrun, but he can not make use of it himself. When it comes time to wade into melee Strakhov's Feat and Superiority makes Victor surprisingly fast and fixes MAT 6.
- Vlad 1: Signs & Portents boosts the accuracy for "free" (you were going to cast it anyway...) and his feat gives Victor a nice speed boost. If you really need something dead, cast Boundless Charge on Victor on the feat turn for a sudden charge of 13" (+2" reach).
- Vlad 3: Victor is a great candidate for both Hand of Fate and Infernal Machine, the former for hitting more accurately and the latter for hitting first.
- Vlad 2: Hand of Fate is awesome on Victor, Assail is somewhat weaker.
- Irusk 2: Victor benefits from Fire for Effect because all the damage under the template is boosted. You'll get no mileage out of Energizer, sadly.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Like most Colossals the Victor is big and lumbering. People in MK3 are used to heavy armor cracking and will have an idea of how to take down a colossal with their lists.
- Victor carries a huge gun but it's RAT 0. You'll have to boost to hit DEF 10 reliably and use spells, feats and/or other tech to reach higher DEFs. Conquest shots are less versatile but much more reliable.
Tricks & Tips
- Being conservative with Victor and getting another round of shooting before committing him can be a wise choice when your opponent still has the tools to remove him. Don't hesitate to take an Aiming Bonus if you want to hit something directly.
Originally released in the Warmachine: Reckoning expansion (2015).
Themes for generic warjacks (Edit)
- Armored Korps - (Article) (Category)
- Winter Guard Kommand - (Article) (Category)
- Jaws of the Wolf - (Article) (Category)
- Legion of Steel - (Article) (Category)
- Wolves of Winter (Article) (Category)
Other Khador models