Vice Scrutator Vindictus
No Menite alive is as concerned for the fate of heathen souls as Vice Scrutator Vindictus. Where others among the Protectorate see only a faceless sea of heretics, Vindictus sees potential devotees of the True Faith. Where others preach with words, Vindictus communicates with agony. The holy zealots who follow this unforgiving priest fight with the strength of fanatics and martyrs, adding to their own numbers with each strike. Vindictus travels far from the Protectorate’s borders, raising armies loyal to the Lawbringer and turning them against any of their countrymen foolish enough to resist the will of Menoth.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Vice Scrutator Vindictus
- 3 Other
Weapons and Attacks
- Lawgiver - Average reach & P+S melee weapon.
- Solace - Average reach & P+S melee weapon.
- Warcaster - This model comes with a bunch of special rules, most notably being really awesome at everything.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Call to Sacrifice (Holy Zealot) - If this model would be killed, a nearby Holy Zealot can be killed instead, and this model regains a hitpoint.
- Admonition - Cost 2, range 6 upkeep spell. When an enemy model advances and ends its movement within 6" of target model in the spellcasters's battlegroup, the affected model can immediately advance up to 3", then Admonition expires. The affected model cannot be targeted by free strikes during this movement.
- Defender's Ward - A medium cost upkeep spell that grants a friendly faction model/unit a DEF & ARM buff.
- Immolation - A low cost, medium pow attack spell that deals Fire Damage.
- Penitence - When target friendly faction model/unit is damaged by an enemy the attacker suffers a point of Fire Damage.
- True Path - High cost. Friendly faction warrior models/units in CTRL gain bonus movement when advancing and Pathfinder.
Feat - Divine Protection
For one round friendly faction warrior models in CTRL can't be targeted by charges, slams, enemy spells, or non-magical ranged attacks.
Thoughts on Vice Scrutator Vindictus
Note to Editors
Comparison to Mk2
Vice Scrutator Vindictus in a nutshell
Thoughts on when & how to best use his feat and spells
Typical Army & Strategy
Vindictus's main win condition is ... Placeholder.
Stuff you take to help achieve this victory is ... Placeholder.
Drawbacks, Downsides, & Bad Match-Ups
Tricks & Tips
- Originally released in Warmachine: Protectorate of Menoth (April 2010)
Theme Forces this is a member of
Protectorate Theme Forces will be available from Jan 2017 in the 'Forces of Warmachine: Protectorate of Menoth Command' book.
Other faction models
|Protectorate of Menoth - Mercenary models (Edit)|
|Mercenary Warcasters etc.|
|Warcasters|| Ashlynn - Bartolo - Damiano - MacBain - Durgen - Ossrum - Magnus1 - Magnus2|
Requires a 2+ caster game
|Other Controllers||Mini-casters||Gastone Crosse - Rorsh & Brine|
|Marshals||Colbie Sterling - Dirty Meg - Rutger Shaw|
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The mercenary battlegroup members you can include in a Protectorate army depends entirely on which mercenary 'caster is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what it can take.|
|Mercenary Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Horgenhold Artillery - Horgenhold Forge Guard - Ogrun Assault Corps - Press Gangers - Sea Dog Deck Gun - Sea Dog Pirates - Steelhead Halberdiers - Steelhead Cavalry - Steelhead Riflemen - Thorn Gun Mages|
Captain Sam & the Devildogs - Croe's Cutthroats - Blythe & Bull - Herne & Jonne - Aiyana & Holt
|Solos||Alten Ashley - Anastasia - Bradigan - Grogspar - Colbie Sterling - Dirty Meg - Doc Killingsworth - Eiryss1 - Eiryss2 - Hawk - Gastone - Gorman - Bailoch - Rockbottom - Dougal - Orin - Rhupert - Rorsh & Brine - Rutger - Saxon - Sergeant Nicolas - Stannis - Taryn|
|Warcaster attachments||Madelyn Corbeau|