Vassal of Menoth
|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
The unclean sorcerous technology of warjacks is forbidden to most who serve the Protectorate, but the ruling Synod has sanctioned the collection of wizards and mechaniks known as the Vassals to sully their souls with the power necessary to construct the weapons of modern war. Mostly captured from foreign lands, the Vassals sometimes take the field and lend direct arcane support to the warjacks they helped fashion to subjugate their former countrymen.
|Vassal of Menoth|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Unarmed - This model has no weapons.
- Iron Sentinel - While B2B with a friendly Faction warjack, this model gains +2 DEF and ARM and cannot become knocked down.
- Magic Ability [ 6 ] - This model can use its Combat Action to cast spells. Offensive spells are a (★ Attack) and friendly spells are a (★ Action).
- Arcane Bolt (★ Attack) - 12" RNG magic attack with POW 11 and no additional features or effects.
- Empower (★ Action) - Target friendly Faction warjack in CMD range. It gains 1 focus and, if it was disrupted, it is no longer disrupted.
- Enliven (★ Action) - Target friendly Faction warjack/warbeast in CMD range. The next time it suffers damage from an enemy attack (except while advancing), after the attack it may make a full advance. Enliven expires when it is used, or after one round.
Thoughts on Vassal of Menoth
Vassal of Menoth in a nutshell
The Vassal of Menoth helps the focus management/disruption of your jacks with Empower, and helps their survivialability/maneuverability with Enliven. Although he has a magic attack, with no way to boost the roll it's really not a real threat.
Combos & Synergies
He's a warjack support solo, so he works well with any warcaster that likes to take a bunch of jacks. Oh hello Mk3, didn't see you there. What's that you say? That's every warcaster now? Ok.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Vulnerable - without Iron Sentinel even an electro leap will kill him.
- Short range on his CMD-based abilities.
- Enliven has to be used the next time the warjack is damaged or not at all. You can't save it for later.
Tricks & Tips
- You can use Enliven defensively to extricate your warjack from a fight in the following turn. Or you can use it offensively to jam your warjack even deeper into the enemy lines after it gets hurt.
- When using Enliven defensively, remember to leave an escape route behind your jack; don't move the Vassal up B2B with jack and box it in.
Originally released in Warmachine: Legends (2008)
- The Creator's Might - (Article) (Category)
- Guardians of the Temple - (Article) (Category)
- Exemplar Interdiction - (Article) (Category)
- The Faithful Masses - (Article) (Category)
Other Protectorate models
|Warcasters||Ashlynn - Bartolo - Damiano - MacBain - Durgen - Ossrum - Magnus1 - Magnus2|
Requires a 2+ caster game
|Other Controllers||Mini-casters||Gastone Crosse - Rorsh & Brine|
|Marshals||Colbie Sterling - Dirty Meg - Rutger Shaw|
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The mercenary battlegroup members you can include in a Protectorate army depends entirely on which mercenary 'caster is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what it can take.|
|Mercenary Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Horgenhold Artillery - Horgenhold Forge Guard - Ogrun Assault Corps - Press Gangers - Sea Dog Deck Gun - Sea Dog Pirates - Steelhead Halberdiers - Steelhead Cavalry - Steelhead Riflemen - Thorn Gun Mages|
Captain Sam & the Devildogs - Croe's Cutthroats - Blythe & Bull - Herne & Jonne - Aiyana & Holt
|Solos||Alten Ashley - Anastasia - Bradigan - Grogspar - Colbie Sterling - Dirty Meg - Doc Killingsworth - Eiryss1 - Eiryss2 - Hawk - Gastone - Gorman - Bailoch - Rockbottom - Dougal - Orin - Rhupert - Rorsh & Brine - Rutger - Saxon - Sergeant Nicolas - Stannis - Taryn|
|Warcaster attachments||Madelyn Corbeau|