- 1 Tyrant Xerxis
- 2 Analysis of Tyrant Xerxis
- 3 Other
Weapons and Attacks
2* Pillar OF Halaak - RNG 2 P+S 14
- Damage Type: Magical - This weapon can damage incorporeal models.
- Combo Smite (★ Attack) - Model hit is slammed. The slam damage roll has 2xPOW added, but collateral damage has no POW added.
- Warlock - All warlocks come with a stack of standard special rules - most notably being awesome.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Battle Plan - Once per activation, at any time, this model can issue one of the battle plans listed below:
- March - Target nearby warrior model/unit within 5" gains Pathfinder.
- Push to the Limit - Friendly faction warrior model/unit within 5" gains +2 MOV for full advances, if in range.
- Stir the Blood - Target a nearby warrior unit within 5". All models in the unit gain +2 damage on their first melee attack damage roll.
- Overtake - When this model destroys one or more enemy models with a basic melee attack during its Combat Action, after the attack is resolved it can immediately advance up to 1".
- Tactician [Faction Warrior] - While in this model's CMD range, friendly Faction Warrior models can ignore other friendly Faction Warrior models when determining LOS. Friendly Faction Warrior models can advance through other friendly Faction Warrior models in this model's CMD range if they have enough movement to move completely past them.
Feat: Total Annihilation
Extra dice on melee damage rolls for Skorne models. While base to base with another Skorne model both gain an ARM buff.
- Defender's Ward - Cost 3, 6" range, Upkeep
- Friendly Faction model/unit gains +2 DEF & ARM.
- Lurch - COST * RNG 6. Spend 1-3 FURY to move nearby target Friendly Faction battlegroup warbeast that far, in inches.
- Tactical Supremacy - Cost 2, 6" range, Upkeep
- Target friendly faction model/unit gains Reposition [3"]. (Reposition [3"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to 3", then its activation ends.)
Analysis of Tyrant Xerxis
Tyrant Xerxis in a nutshell
Xerxis allows his troops to hit hard in melee. Whatever the enemy brings, his infantry can wreck it; the only thing he does for warbeasts is Lurch, which kinda sucks but is better than nothing.
Common army selection
- Cataphract Cetrati - Defender's Ward, the Agonizer, a Mortitheurge Willbreaker, Tyrant Vorkesh and his feat make them almost unkillable. And Press forward and Tactical Supremacy getting up the board fast.
- Praetorian Swordsmen - the biggest unit around, allowing you to get the most use out of Stir the Blood or even Defender's Ward.
- Praetorian Karax - the cheaper rival, Karax still get a turn of bouncing everything
- Immortals - an incorporeal immortal charge hits amazingly hard, and Tactical Supremacy can make them more mobile especially if Vengeance triggers.
- Nihilators And talking of hard-hitting infantry to wreck things with...
- Tiberion - his personal warbeast is a complete wrecker with Overtake as a bond.
- Wrong Eye & Snapjaw can stack their Star Crossed Def buff with Defender's Ward, and Xerxis struggles to support a big battlegroup with his poor Fury stat.
- Praetorian Ferox - Have very solid Def and Arm for Defender's Ward to push to the next level. With Leap & Pounce, or Charging, or CMA's, they can hit almost any Def you need them too, while Xerxis makes sure they hit very hard with his feat or battle plan.
- Venator Slingers - They can fire through your soldiers, and can fix their MAT problem with Flare.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- He's medium based, so is hard to screen.
- He does nothing to help with accuracy.
- He has a very small and often crowded control area. Managing beast fury and positioning in such a small control area can be a major headache.
Tricks and Tactics
Changes from Mk2
He lost Inhospitable Ground for Rift and Fury for Stir the Blood and Tactical Supremacy. More importantly he lost his Cataphract-centric theme force.
Xerxis has a romanticized spelling of the Persian name Xerxes. He is most likely named after the Persian king Xerxes I the Great, famous for his invasion of Greece.
Halaak means "Annihilation" in Persian.
Theme Forces this is a member of
Themes for any-and-all Skorne warlocks (& bonded beasts) (Edit)
|Skorne - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Winds of Death|