|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Trollkin warders dedicate their lives to the defense of not just their chieftains and shamans, but also the kith and kin least able defend themselves. When warders take up defensive arms, they do so with zealous fervor. Shouting the words of their oath and the battle cries of their kriels, they challenge any who would dare harm those they are sworn to protect.
|Unit Size||3 / 5|
|Cost||10 / 17|
|3.4 points each|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Battle Weapon - 2" reach, P+S 11 melee weapon
- Brutal Charge - This model gains +2 damage on charge attacks with this weapon.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Shield Guard - Once per round, when a friendly model is directly hit by a non-spray ranged attack during your opponent's turn while within 3" of this model, you can choose to have this model directly hit instead. This model is automatically hit and suffers all damage and effects. This model cannot use Shield Guard while it is incorporeal, knocked down, or stationary.
- Wall of Steel - This model gains +2 ARM bonus while it is B2B with another model in its unit.
Thoughts on Trollkin Warders
Trollkin Warders in a nutshell
Cheap tough Shield Guards. ARM 21 when under the Krielstone, Warders have one real job and can fight in melee as a second choice.
Combos & Synergies
- Krielstone helps their survivability. They want to be tough to tank incoming fire.
- Anyone and everyone you don't want shot. How useful they are depends more on your opponent than you but there is no one they don't go well with so it's hard to call out specific combos for them.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- They don't hit hard for their points. Just take damage.
Tricks and Tips
- Remember they aren't bad fighters - as well as being decent shield guards.
- Shield Guard works even while you're out of formation. If you don't need them fighting next turn, spread them out and protect your high-risk models!
Changes from Mk2
In most of MK2 Warders were basically broken. The toughest infantry in the game, with weapon master, and pretty cheap. They lost Weapon Master months from the end of Mk2 in errata.
Other Trollblood models
|Warlocks||Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Minion Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|