Some of the most learned trollkin runescribes choose to accompany their leaders into battle. Carrying the sacred tablets of their kriel, runebearers are capable of amplifying the Dhunian gifts of trollkin warlocks. The glyphs glow as the runebearer speaks them aloud, easing their warlock’s use of their fury-driven prayers and sorcery.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Unarmed - This model has no weapons.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Arcane Repeater - While this model's warcaster/warlock is within 5" of it, that caster's CTRL range is extended 2".
- Attached - Before the start of the game, attach this model to a friendly Faction warcaster for the rest of the game. Each Faction warcaster can only have one model/unit attached to it.
- Magic Ability [ 6 ] - This model can use its Combat Action to cast spells. Offensive spells are a (★ Attack) and friendly spells are a (★ Action).
- Harmonious Exaltation (★ Action) - Target this model's warcaster/warlock. If the warcaster/warlock is in CMD range, the first spell they cast this turn costs 1 less to cast.
- Spell Slave (★ Action) or (★ Attack) - While in its controlling warcaster/warlock's control area, this model may cast a single spell from their boss's spell card. There are several limits on what type of spells can be cast.
2017.07 Northkin CID
- Cost increased to 5 (from 4), but gained Arcane Repeater.
Thoughts on Trollkin Runebearer
Trollkin Runebearer in a nutshell
The Trollkin Runebearer basically gives any warlock a free Fury - always nice especially when it means you can load the Krielstone that much better.
Combos & Synergies
- Every troll warlock wants him. Although only a few want him to actually cast spells like Boundless Charge, Magic Bullet, or Guided Hand, as most buffs are upkeeps.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- In most cases, don't bother casting offensive spells. The Runebearer will only die. There are certain warlocks, like Grim, that might want a Runebearer to cast something like Mortality, but that's a rare case.
- How much support bloat do you want? Whether to include depends on this.
Tricks & Tips
- Keep him safe.
Released in Forces of Hordes: Trollbloods (2010)
- Band of Heroes - (Article) (Category)
- Kriel Company - (Article) (Category)
- Power of Dhunia - (Article) (Category)
- Storm of the North (Article) (Category)
Other Trollblood models
|Warlocks||Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Minion Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|
| Explanatory Note
Who does the casting
When/how does a Spell Slave cast
What spells can they choose to cast
How can they boost the spell