As war has consumed the trollkin people, even outlaws and bandits among them have taken up arms in defense of kith and kriel. Peerless woodsmen and hunters, these highwaymen blend easily into forests and swamps. They strike from the shadows, unleashing withering pistol fire from a distance before closing to finish the job at point-blank range.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Trollkin Highwaymen
- 3 Other
Weapons & Equipment
Pistol x2 - Range 8", Power 10.
- Gunfighter - This model can use its ranged weapons even while in melee, but when it does so it can only target models it's in melee with. It can even make ranged attacks after charging.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Swift Hunter - When this model destroys one or more enemy models with a basic ranged attack, immediately after the attack is resolved it can advance up to 2".
Thoughts on Trollkin Highwaymen
Trollkin Highwaymen in a nutshell
Trollkin highwaymen are locked in a battle with Scattergunners for the trollblood short ranged support unit.
Combos & Synergies
- Braylen Wanderheart lets them backstab. Which is great when you have two guns.
- Anyone with Snipe really improves their effectiveness - that is Captain Gunnbjorn and the Hunters Grim
- Anyone that can let them slip out of melee really helps. Especially if it lets them move through the enemy.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Lowish threat range and they die to return fire
Tricks & Tips
- If you have Braylen go for the backstrikes.
- Two person CRAs are frequently the way to go.
Comparison to Mk2
Theme Forces this is a member of
Other faction models
|Warlocks||Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Minion Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|