Pitching enormous spears with bone-crushing force, impalers are the living ballistae of the trolls. Each carries a quiver of massive wood-and-iron projectiles bearing only the most basic resemblance to the puny twigs smaller races call spears. These savage implements obliterate men and knock even the greatest beasts off their feet.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Troll Impaler
- 3 Other
Weapons and Attacks
- Thrown Spear - Range 8, POW 13.
- Critical Smite - On a critical hit, the model hit can be slammed d6" directly away from this model. If the model hit has a larger base than the attacking model, it is moved only half the distance rolled. The POW of collateral damage is equal to the STR of this model.
- Thrown - If this model has a STR buff/debuff, it is added to the POW of this weapon.
- Battle Spear - P+S 13 melee weapon.
- Light Warbeast
- Regeneration - This model may be forced to heal d3 damage boxes, once per turn.
- Set Defense - Charge attacks, slam attacks, and impact attacks versus this model suffer a to-hit penalty.
- Far Strike - Cost 1, range SELF animus. Spellcaster gains Snipe on its ranged weapons for one turn. (Snipe - This attack gains +4 RNG)
Thoughts on Troll Impaler
Troll Impaler in a nutshell
The Troll Impaler is a troll that throws spears at people and is very expensive for a light.
Combos & Synergies
- The Impaler is a nice self-supporting shooter.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Ranged knockdown just gets shaken by beasts or jacks and is overkill against infantry.
- Its weaponry suffers the same sort of problem. Murdering infantry and not doing much to harder targets.
- The overwhelming consensus if you want a beast in this role is to go for the excellent Dire Troll Bomber
Tricks & Tips
- Try to line up the slams.
Comparison to Mk2
Far Strike no longer buffs other models, so the impaler is not so useful as it once was. Especially as the Bomber can now far strike itself.
Theme Forces this is a member of
Other faction models
|Trollblood - Minion models (Edit)|
|Warlocks|| Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|
|Trollbloods - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Band of Heroes - Power of Dhunia|