Strapped with thick, heavy armor in addition to holding a stout shield, each bouncer whirls a deadly spiked ball on a chain whose keening whistle heralds bone-shattering brutality. Loyal to those they consider kin, bouncers eagerly charge into harm’s way heedless of their own survival, often shouldering allies aside to take the hit themselves. Because of this unusual protective nature, trollkin kriels single out bouncers to guard chieftains, shamans, and other important elders.
Weapons and Attacks
- Shield - 0.5" melee RNG, P+S 11.
- Shield - This 'weapon' is a shield that provides a cumulative +2 ARM bonus. The bonus doesn't apply if the weapon is crippled or if the damage originates in your back arc.
- Ball & Chain - 2" melee RNG, P+S 12.
- Chain Weapon - This weapon ignores Buckler, Shield and Shield Wall.
- Light Warbeast
- Regeneration [d3] - This model may be forced to heal d3 damage boxes, once per activation. It can't run in the same activation.
- Shield Guard - Once per round, when a friendly model is directly hit by a non-spray ranged attack during your opponent's turn while within 3" of this model, you can choose to have this model directly hit instead. This model is automatically hit and suffers all damage and effects. This model cannot use Shield Guard while it is incorporeal, knocked down, or stationary.
- Earth's Blessing - Cost 1
Thoughts on Troll Bouncer
Troll Bouncer in a nutshell
The Troll Bouncer is the little warbeast that could. It's very tough by the standards of lights, relatively cheap, hits decently, and has an animus that shuts down certain assassination attempts.
Combos & Synergies
- Any warlock, whenever you are expecting an enemy pop and drop, push-initiated, or stationary assassination tactic.
- Durable choice for Chronicler's Charge of the Trolls or Grissel2's Discord spell.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- It doesn't hit that hard.
Tricks & Tips
- With its reach and threat range it can mess up quite a bit of infantry - or upset a heavy (and especially one with a shield).
Comparison to Mk2
- It changed animus, for the better.
Theme Forces this is a member of
- Themes for any-and-all warbeasts (Edit)
- Band of Heroes - (Article) (Category)
- Power of Dhunia - (Article) (Category)
- Storm of the North (Article) (Category)
Other faction models
|Warlocks||Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Minion Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|