Strapped with thick, heavy armor in addition to holding a stout shield, each bouncer whirls a deadly spiked ball on a chain whose keening whistle heralds bone-shattering brutality. Loyal to those they consider kin, bouncers eagerly charge into harm’s way heedless of their own survival, often shouldering allies aside to take the hit themselves. Because of this unusual protective nature, trollkin kriels single out bouncers to guard chieftains, shamans, and other important elders.
Weapons and Attacks
- Shield - Close range, average P+S.
- Shield - This 'weapon' provides an ARM buff against attacks not originating in its back arc. Two shields are cumulative.
- Ball & Chain - Long range, average P+S.
- Chain Weapon - This weapon ignores Buckler, Shield and Shield Wall.
- Light Warbeast - This is a light warbeast and on a medium base. As such it has fury, gives fury when it dies, and can power attack where appropriate (but not trample).
- Regeneration - This model may be forced to heal a few damage boxes, once per turn.
- Shield Guard - When a nearby friendly model is hit by a ranged attack, this model can be hit instead.
- Earth's Blessing - Cheap self animus - Can't be knocked down, made stationary, or moved with a slam.
Thoughts on Troll Bouncer
Troll Bouncer in a nutshell
The Troll Bouncer is a little warbeast that could. It's very tough by the standards of lights, relatively cheap, hits decently, and has an animus that shuts down certain assassination attempts.
Combos & Synergies
- Any warlock whenever you are expecting a drop and pop or stationary assassination play.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- It doesn't hit that hard.
Tricks & Tips
- With its reach and threat range it can mess up quite a bit of infantry - or upset a heavy (and especially one with a shield)
Comparison to Mk2
- It changed animus
Theme Forces this is a member of
Other faction models
|Trollblood - Minion models (Edit)|
|Warlocks|| Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|
|Trollblood - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Band of Heroes - Power of Dhunia|