|Crucible Guard CID is now live (Edit)||
Fluff text (copy from PP gallery)
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Heavy Mace - 1" reach, P+S 14 melee weapon.
- Beat Back - Immediately after a basic attack with this weapon is resolved during this model's Combat Action, the enemy model hit can be pushed 1" directly away from the attacking model. After the enemy model is pushed, the attacking model can advance up to 1" directly towards it.
- Critical Stagger - On a critical hit, the model hit loses its inital attacks and cannot make power attacks or special attacks for one round.
- Warbeast - All warbeasts share a huge stack of special rules. The short version is they're big, furious, and beat stuff up pretty good.
- Immunity: Cold - This model does not suffer cold damage.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Regeneration [d3] - This model may be forced to heal d3 damage boxes, once per activation. It can't run in the same activation.
Icy Breath - Cost 1
- The caster gains Chiller for one turn. (Chiller - While within 2" of this model, enemy models suffer -2 DEF unless they have Cold Immunity.)
Thoughts on Troll Basher
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Troll Basher in a nutshell
The Troll Basher is a cheap beatstick. A 7 point model with P+S 14 and that's frequently effectively MAT 8 - and is trollishly tough. This is either awesome and exactly what you want or you want something else entirely.
Combos & Synergies
- Rok - You don't care if you lose your basher.
- Borka, Vengeance of the Rimeshaws - it's a cheap and hard hitting counter-charger.
- Calandra Truthsayer, Oracle of the Glimmerwood likes lots of warbeasts to soothing song - but frequently goes for ranged units.
- Hoarluk Doomshaper, Shaman of the Gnarls, Hoarluk Doomshaper, Rage of Dhunia, Hoarluk Doomshaper, Dire Prophet, and Horgle, the Anvil can let it boost four attack rolls for a roughly 90% chance of staggering its target
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Point for point it's going to lose to heavies - hitting power matters.
- Low threat range.
- Unfortunately while the model one hands the weapon, he needs both hands to use it so no open fist additional attack.
Tricks & Tips
- It's quite effective as a DEF debuffer thanks to Chiller.
- In terms of meat for the points it's excellent and can afford to be lost.
- Stagger is at its most effective against colossals, gargantuans, and battle engines
Originally released in the Northkin CID (2017.07)
Themes for any-and-all warbeasts (Edit)
- Band of Heroes - (Article) (Category)
- Power of Dhunia - (Article) (Category)
- Storm of the North (Article) (Category)
Other Trollblood models
|Warlocks||Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Minion Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|
| See also the Warbeast page for a recap of the core warbeast rules.