Massive axe in hand, the troll axer is a monster of corded muscle capable of cleaving through a wall of men in a single blow. These full-blood trolls are renowned for their incredible resiliency, as their regenerative qualities allow them to shrug off wounds that would kill lesser beings. Trollkin leaders use axers extensively to bolster battle lines; indeed, the presence of just a few axers can make all the difference to a trollkin army.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Great Axe - 2" reach, P+S 14 melee weapon.
- Thresher (★ Attack) - This model makes one melee attack with this weapon against each model in its LOS that is in this weapon's melee range. Thresher attacks are simultaneous.
- Warbeast - All warbeasts share a huge stack of special rules. The short version is they're big, furious, and beat stuff up pretty good.
- Regeneration [d3] - This model may be forced to heal d3 damage boxes, once per activation. It can't run in the same activation.
- Rush - COST 2, RNG 6, DUR (TURN), OFF (NO)
- Target friendly Faction warbeast gains +2" movement when advancing as part of its Normal Movement and gains Pathfinder. Rush lasts for one turn.
Thoughts on Troll Axer
Troll Axer in a nutshell
The Troll Axer is a solid all-round warbeast. A good animus to help mobility. Thresher to destroy grouped infantry. A strong axe to beat enemies with. What's not to like? It's not always the best tool for the job but it's almost always a decent choice.
Combos & Synergies
- Two inches of threat extension and Pathfinder for any friendly faction warbeast is great.
- The Rush animus and Boundless Charge (Grissel1) can be applied to Earthborn Dire Troll in/near rough terrain to generate create three +2 SPD or movement bonuses on a charge.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- In a straight up heavy vs. light brawl the heavies win every time.
- To use Rush or to use the Dire Troll Mauler's Rage is a Trollblood dilemma.
Tricks & Tips
- This model should always Thresher, unless it's stuck in the middle of friendly models.
- Themes for any-and-all warbeasts (Edit)
- Band of Heroes - (Article) (Category)
- Power of Dhunia - (Article) (Category)
- Storm of the North (Article) (Category)
Other faction models
|Warlocks||Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Minion Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|
| Resolving the attack|
Under this heading, the word "Thresher" is used interchangeably for "Flashing Blade" and "Cyclone" too
Flashing Blade only
| See also the Warbeast page for a recap of the core warbeast rules.