Massive axe in hand, the troll axer is a monster of corded muscle capable of cleaving through a wall of men in a single blow. These full-blood trolls are renowned for their incredible resiliency, as their regenerative qualities allow them to shrug off wounds that would kill lesser beings. Trollkin leaders use axers extensively to bolster battle lines; indeed, the presence of just a few axers can make all the difference to a trollkin army.
|Relative Cost||Above Average|
Weapons and Attacks
- Great Axe - Long range, High P+S melee weapon.
- Thresher (★ Attack) - Make a simultaneous melee attack against every model within reach.
- Light Warbeast - This is a light warbeast and on a medium base. As such it has fury, gives fury when it dies, and can power attack where appropriate (but not trample).
- Regeneration - This model may be forced to heal a few damage boxes, once per turn.
Thoughts on Troll Axer
Troll Axer in a nutshell
The Troll Axer is a solid all-round warbeast. A good animus to help mobility. Thresher to thresh infantry. A strong axe to beat enemies with. What's not to like? It's not always the best tool for the job but it's almost always a decent choice.
Combos & Synergies
- Every other warbeast loves Rush.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- In a heavy vs light brawl the heavies win every time.
Tricks & Tips
- Look for spots to Thresher. You might as well always Thresher as you are giving up only one attack.
Comparison to Mk2
Theme Forces this is a member of
Other faction models
|Trollblood - Minion models (Edit)|
|Warlocks|| Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|
|Trollblood - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Band of Heroes - Power of Dhunia|