Triumph is the culmination of centuries of Cygnaran technological development. Made to the specifications of Major Markus “Siege” Brisbane, Triumph is armed with a massive cannon that can strike enemy warcasters with a sniper’s precision or rain explosive-tipped death down on the heads of opposing infantry and warjacks. Triumph is an artillerist’s dream and a nightmare to Cygnar’s foes.
This model's rules are currently under development
This is a existing model, and the information here is the rules it had before the CID cycle. If you wish to document the CID changes before they're finalised, please do so under the Recent Changes heading.
|ARM|| 18 / 20|
|(★) 20 when you include the shield|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Heavy Barrel - 16" range, POW 15 gun
- Assault Shield - 1" reach, P+S 14 melee weapon.
- Shield - This 'weapon' is a shield that provides a cumulative +2 ARM bonus. The bonus doesn't apply if the weapon is crippled or if the damage originates in your back arc.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Arcane Precision - If this model uses its Normal Movement to aim, it ignores Stealth that activation.
- Bond: (Siege) - If this model begins the game in Siege's battlegroup, it is bonded to them. This model is not considered to be bonded while under your opponent's control. While this model is bonded to Siege and in their CTRL range, its ranged weapon becomes AOE 3 and gains Damage Type: Magical.
- Rapid Fire - This model can make one basic ranged attack during your Maintenance Phase.
- Shield Guard - When a friendly model within 3" is hit by a non-spray ranged attack, this model can be hit instead.
2017.06 Trencher CID
- PC reduced to 18
- Swaps Arcane Precision for True Sight.
- Gains Dual Attack.
- Gains Magical Weapon on his heavy barrel.
- The bond with Siege is completely changed to being boosted ranged attack damage rolls.
Thoughts on Triumph
Triumph in a nutshell
Triumph is an actually ranged specialist version of the Defender - it carries a shield rather than a hammer and in return gets an extra shot and Shield Guard. If you are looking for an armoured turret that can shield guard (as opposed to the rather less armoured Hunter) it's what you are looking for.
Combos & Synergies
Triumph is pretty self contained and does what it does well. Little need for support, but shines as part of a team thanks to shield guard.
- Major Markus 'Siege' Brisbane - it's his jack.
- Can protect more fragile models while/until they can they do some damage. Basically, take it when you want to protect something that will likely be out in the open and don't mind investing in some extra ranged power. Pairing a Charger or Firefly with the Triumph would be the basic and quite versatile version of this tactic. Triumph can potentially force enemies to close in, so consider taking with melee oriented guards. You can also get a little more exotic and bring a Hunter for a tough dedicated sniper group, a Grenadier for a siege bombardment group, or a Minuteman for a strong one-two punch group. Adding an Avenger or Reliant makes a group that can be tough to approach.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- The rapid fire shot can't be boosted, making it a lot less effective than a simple ROF 2 would be or than Triumph appears.
- Triumph is more expensive than a Defender despite having almost no melee game - and remember that the hammer hits harder than a gun so Triumph doesn't get the work done of a Defender.
- Two Hunters cost little more but have much more damage output.
- He has one of the worst primary melee weapons on any heavy. Mostly because it's not a "real" primary weapon - Triumph doesn't have one of those.
Tricks & Tips
- Make use of that Shield Guard
Comparison to Mk2
Extra shot. Mk2 Triumph didn't rapid fire (and didn't Power Up) - and was terrible.
- Originally released in the Warmachine: Wrath expansion (2011)
- Storm Division - (Article) (Category), but only if taken in Siege's battlegroup.
- Heavy Metal, but only if taken in Siege's battlegroup.
- Sons of the Tempest - (Article) (Category), but only if taken in Siege's battlegroup.
- Gravediggers - (Article) (Category) - can be in anyone's battlegroup.
Other Cygnar models