Trencher Warcaster Lieutenant
Fluff text (copy from PP gallery)
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Trencher Warcaster Lieutenant
- 3 Other
This model's rules are currently under development
This is a new model, and the information here is what was given at the start of the CID cycle
|Trencher Warcaster Lieutenant|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Carbine - 10" range, POW 10 gun
- Mechanikal Trench Blade - 0.5" reach, P+S 11 melee weapon
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Battlegroup Controller - This model is like a mini-warcaster. It has a FOCUS stat, can buy/boost attacks, cast spells, and control warjacks. It must have at least one warjack in its battlegroup.
- Dig In (★ Action) - This model gains cover, immunity to blast damage, and stops blocking LOS. It retains this until it moves or is engaged.
Fire Group - Cost 2
- While in the caster's CTRL range, battlegroup models gain +2 RNG on their guns. Lasts for one turn.
Rift - Cost 3, 8" range, 4" AOE, POW 13
- The AOE stays in play for one round as rough terrain.
Thoughts on Trencher Warcaster Lieutenant
Trencher Warcaster Lieutenant in a nutshell
- Compared to the original Journeyman Warcaster, he trades out Arcane Shield for a offense range buff. And also gets Trencher buffs.
Combos & Synergies
'Jacks to consider
- the Grenadier
- The Lieutenant is a Trencher, so he's one of the two Trencher models you need in B2B to increase the Grenadier's number of shots.
- With Fire Group and a Snipe spell from elsewhere (i.e. your warcaster) you can aim and still threat 16", while being dug in, with the potential to boost damage if you need to take out an enemy solo or CA.
- Considering all that, you might even pick two to really defend a position, but it's a bit of a point investment.
- the Charger
- The Charger of course makes great use of an extra point of focus - and Fire Group doesn't hurt either.
- the Hunter
- A little expensive, the Hunter can be 16" away from the Warcaster Lieutenant and still operational. Oh, and benefits from Fire Group.
- Commander Anson Hitch gives Trenchers Tactician
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Lieutentant Allison Jakes generally does more for her battlegroup than the Trencher Warcaster Lieutenant and costs the same.
- Dig in can be hard to use although you frequently just want to hand out focus and keep this guy safe
Tricks & Tips
- Thanks to his Dig in ability, he's immune to blast damage. One of the greatest risks of running a journeyman is losing a relatively fragile solo to a boosted large template aiming for the 'jack, rendering the 'jack inert. Thanks to this ability, he can stay close to and hide behind a warjack pretty well.
- As mentioned above, this especially makes sense if you consider the Grenadier, which needs a Trencher in B2B.
- Remember, he can use Dig in and still cast spells before or after that.
Originally released in the Trencher CID (2017.06)
Other Cygnar models