Trencher Combat Engineers
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
As turn the wrenches of the mechaniks, so turns the war. Trencher combat engineers are even tougher and more combat-ready than their field mechanik counterparts in the regular Cygnaran Army. Every man and woman among them must be as adept with a firearm as they are at maintaining and repairing the warjacks and weapons of the platoon.
|Trencher Combat Engineers|
|Unit Size|| 1 Leader|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Carbine - 10" range, POW 10 gun
- Monkey Wrench - 0.5" reach, P+S 8 melee weapon
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Dig In (★ Action) - This model gains cover, it does not suffer blast damage, and does not block LOS. The model remains dug in until it moves, is placed, or is engaged. It can begin the game dug in.
- Repair [d3] (★ Action) - This model can remove d3 damage points from a friendly Faction construct model in B2B.
- Sabotage [d3] (★ Action) - Target enemy warjack or battle engine in B2B with this model suffers d3 damage points and cannot have damage removed from it for one round. You choose which column suffers the damage.
Thoughts on Trencher Combat Engineers
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Trencher Combat Engineers in a nutshell
No discussion of these guys can start without comparing them to Cygnar's other Mechanik unit: Field Mechaniks. Whereas the Field Mechs represent dirt-cheap repairers who aren't good for much else, Trencher Mechs can shoot, are more durable, and are much more expensive (per model). A huge point in the Trencher's favour is they can be taken in the Trencher theme, while the gobbers can't.
Combos & Synergies
- They're the cheapest unit that can maximise the number of shots that a Grenadier can make through Manual Reload.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Look at the ability section - everything they do is an action (either (★ Action) or combat). They can do only one at once, and you'll pay for all of it.
- They lack Advance Deployment, meaning that most of the time you won't have the opportunity to repair a jack, and be dug in the same time.
Tricks & Tips
- In the Heavy Metal theme, remember if you use Reposition while they are dug in, they will no longer be dug in because of the move.
Originally released in the Trencher CID (2017.06)
Other Cygnar models