Trencher Combat Engineers
|Articles you can help complete (Edit)|
As turn the wrenches of the mechaniks, so turns the war. Trencher combat engineers are even tougher and more combat-ready than their field mechanik counterparts in the regular Cygnaran Army. Every man and woman among them must be as adept with a firearm as they are at maintaining and repairing the warjacks and weapons of the platoon.
|Trencher Combat Engineers|
|Unit Size|| 1 Leader|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Carbine - 10" range, POW 10 gun
- Monkey Wrench - 0.5" reach, P+S 8 melee weapon
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Dig In (★ Action) - This model gains cover, it does not suffer blast damage, and does not block LOS. The model remains dug in until it moves, is placed, or is engaged. It can begin the game dug in.
- Repair [d3] (★ Action) - This model can remove d3 damage points from a friendly Faction construct model in B2B.
- Sabotage [d3] (★ Action) - Target enemy warjack or battle engine in B2B with this model suffers d3 damage points and cannot have damage removed from it for one round. You choose which column suffers the damage.
Thoughts on Trencher Combat Engineers
Trencher Combat Engineers in a nutshell
No discussion of these guys can start without comparing them to Cygnar's other Mechanik unit: Field Mechaniks. Whereas the Field Mechs represent dirt-cheap repairers who aren't good for much else, Trencher Mechs can shoot, are more durable, and are much more expensive (per model). A huge point in the Trencher's favour is they can be taken in the Trencher theme, while the gobbers can't.
Combos & Synergies
- They're the cheapest unit that can maximise the number of shots that a Grenadier can make through Manual Reload.
Drawbacks & Downsides
In the Heavy Metal theme, remember if you use reposition while they are dug in, they will no longer be dug in because of the move.
Tricks & Tips
Originally released in the Trencher CID (2017.06)
Other Cygnar models