Trencher Master Gunner
Master gunners are survivors of countless battles and have earned expertise that makes them some of the most valued artillerists in all of Cygnar. These men and women are versed in all the skills of the artilleryman from barrage firing patterns to the use of defilades. They are experts in the complex commands used to coordinate a battery of field guns. Where other armies make use of artillery as support, the master gunners orchestrate their batteries into precision instruments of war.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Trencher Master Gunner
- 3 Other
|Trencher Master Gunner|
Weapons and Attacks
- Scatter Gun - Medium spray, low POW gun
- Trench Knife - Backup melee weapon
- 'Jack Marshal - All 'jack marshals share the same set of special rules, which basically amount to: This model is not a warcaster but may control a warjack.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Artillerist (★ Action) - Target friendly faction model gains a bonus to RAT on its next AoE ranged attack. It can re-roll deviation if it does not directly hit.
- Battery Fire (★ Action) - Target friendly faction artillery piece gains an extra shot this turn.
- High-Angle Fire (★ Action) - Target friendly faction model's AoE weapons gain Arcing Fire. (Arcing Fire - When attacking with this weapon, this model can ignore intervening models except those within 1" of the target.)
Thoughts on Trencher Master Gunner
Trencher Master Gunner in a nutshell
The Trencher Master Gunner makes little sense to me. He's a jack marshal without a drive. He can use Battery Fire for an extra shot - but costs as much as a Stormsmith Storm Tower on his own. And that's probably the most generally useful of his abilities.
Combos & Synergies
- Sentinel - all Jack Marshals love Sentinels.
- Trencher Cannon Crew - the most expensive of Cygnar's field artillery and the one that can gain the most.
- Stormsmith Storm Tower get two shots from your storm tower and a free jack marshal?
- The Avenger. Its RAT is pretty poor by Cygnaran standards, so getting it up to RAT7 can help compensate for generally having to move and shoot.
- With Siege, Triumph gains an AoE on its Long Barrel. This can set up some nasty shots into your enemy's support line by using High Angle Fire.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- He's a jack marshal without drive, and no extra ability to tune up the jack under his care (apart of Artillerist, if the jack happen to have AOE gun).
- He's a Trencher, who cannot dig in.
- He costs almost as much as an extra artillery piece.
Tricks & Tips
- Use Battery Fire until the time for artillery is done - then use his spray
- Originally released in the Mk2 forces book Forces of Warmachine: Cygnar (February 2010)
Theme Forces this is a member of
- None yet
Other faction models