Blockhouses are often built to support Cygnaran trenchworks, providing girded fire bays and supporting fire in the event of an enemy overrun of the front. Able to withstand direct artillery fire from all but the heaviest enemy guns, these blockhouses return fire with salvos from their impressive cannons while acting as mustering points to reinforce embattled trencher platoons.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Heavy Cannon - 15" range, 4" AOE, POW 15 gun
- Military Rifle (x2) - 10" range, POW 11 guns
- Structure - All structures share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big fat buildings.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Forward Deployment - This model can be deployed up to 6" beyond your deployment zone.
- Girded - This model and friendly models B2B with it are immune to blast damage.
- Reinforcements [Trencher] - During your Maintenance Phase, return d3 small-based friendly destroyed Trencher Grunts to play. Models return with 1 unmarked damage box, completely within this model's CMD range, and completely within 3" of another model in their unit. They must forfeit their Combat Action this turn.
- Trench Network - Immediately after placing the Blockhouse during deployment, you can place up to two trench templates on the table. Each template must be either be in B2B with the Blockhouse, or touch another trench that itself is in B2B with the blockhouse. Also, they can't touch other terrain features.
Thoughts on Trencher Blockhouse
Trencher Blockhouse in a nutshell
First for a warmachine army, a unit that is a structure! (well even Circle stones aren't exactly a combat thing)
Combos & Synergies
- Your Warcaster.
- Is there a spot where you want your Warcaster to stand? Would you like to have +4 DEF in that spot? Get a Trench from the network to that point.
- Caine2. The Blockhouse's gun is good, but not great. Fire For Effect makes it that that little bit scarier.
- Also dumping Caine in a Trench with Heightened Reflexes. DEF21 with no knockdown and no Stationary is useful.
- Snipe makes it a little harder to hide from.
- Anything that can buff its average RAT:
Drawbacks & Downsides
- A big, immobile piece on the board - and poor placing can make it run for its points.
- Though models around are defended from blasts, it is still just DEF5. Other dangers, like continuous effects, electro leaps and spells like Ashes to Ashes or Spine Burst can decimate your models around.
Tricks & Tips
Originally released in the Trencher CID (2017.06)
Other Cygnar models