|Crucible Guard CID is now live (Edit)||
Rules subject to change.
This is a new model, and the information here is what was given at the start of the CID cycle
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Shield - 1" reach, P+S 13 melee weapon
- Shield - This 'weapon' is a shield that provides a cumulative +2 ARM bonus. The bonus doesn't apply if the weapon is crippled or if the damage originates in your back arc.
- Sword - 2" reach, P+S 18 melee weapon
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Countercharge - When an enemy model advances and ends its movement within 6" of this model and in its LOS, this model can immediately charge it. This model can use Countercharge only once per round and not while engaged.
- Maker's Mark [Crucible Guard] - This warjack can be taken in a Crucible Guard model's battlegroup. If it is, it counts as a Crucible Guard model instead of a Mercenary warjack. Also, it can be taken in Crucible Guard theme forces whether or not that theme force explicitly says it can.
Thoughts on Toro
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Toro in a nutshell
The Toro is a basic line heavy developed by the Ordic military. Production of the Toro for the Ordic military has since been taken up by the Order of the Golden Crucible. There is nothing fancy about the Toro. It should be a combat capable, simple heavy warjack. Counter Charge is part of its core concept.
The Toro is essentially an upgraded Nomad with counter-charge and a shield rather than a buckler for two points. It's a cheap, few frills beatstick - but with an ARM from the front of 20, a 5" move with 2" reach, and counter-charge it's surprisingly threatening for a heavy melee warjack.
Combos & Synergies
- The Toro is fairly self-sufficient and works well with jack marshals.
- In particular Rutger Shaw, Professional Adventurer can give it shield guard, which is pretty good on a 20 ARM 'jack.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- When compared to the Nomad the Toro loses Tried and True, an open fist to throw things with, and 1 P+S on its off-hand. It gains 1 ARM and counter charge, but it's questionable if that justifies its increased cost.
- This of course only applies only in mercenary armies. In Crucible Guard the Toro does not face that kind of competition.
- An experienced opponent will just jam the Toro up and render Counter charge moot.
Tricks and Tips
- The Vanguard is very flexible and can find a role in most armies.
- If you are expecting too much anti-armour firepower to make taking a Rover worth it, the Vanguard can be a suitable throw-away guard.
Released 2018.03, in the Crucible Guard CID
Who can take this warjack
See also the list of Crucible Guard models, below.
To include this mercenary warjack in your army, it must be controlled by one of the following warcasters or marshals. Thus, to include this jack you first need to find a controller that works for your army.
Note: The Vanguard and Toro could also be controlled by a Crucible Guard battlegroup controller.
|Mercenary 'Jack Controllers (Edit)|
|Warcasters||Ashlynn - Caine3 - Captain Bart - Captain Damiano - Gastone2 - Captain Shae - Macbain - Constance - Fiona - Magnus1 - Magnus2|
|Marshals||Colbie Sterling - Dirty Meg - Raluk Moorclaw - Rutger Shaw - Sam & the Devil Dogs|
- Crucible Guard
- Convergence of Cyriss
- Other Factions
- This warjack can be taken in just about every other theme force, because there is nearly always at least one merc jack marshal that'll work for any given theme.
Other Faction models
|Warcasters||Aurum Legate Lukas di Morray - Aurum Adeptus Syvestro - Marshal General Baldwin Gearhart & Mr. Clogg - Aurum Lucanum Athanor Locke - Captain Eira Mackay|
|Warcaster attachments||Aurum Legate Alyce Marc - Sylys Wyshnalyrr (Mercenary) - Madelyn Corbeau (Mercenary)|
|Liberator - Retaliator - Vanguard||Suppresor - Toro - Vindicator||Vulcan|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Infantry - Assault Troopers - Combat Alchemists - Dragon's Breath Rocket - Rocketmen - Shock Troopers - |
Ranking Officer : Doctor Adolpheus Morely
|Solos|| Rocketman Ace - Mechanik - Trancer|
Prospero - Gorman - Hutchuck
|Battle Engines||Railless Interceptor|
|Primae Materia - Magnum Opus|
|Warcasters|| Ashlynn d’Elyse - Captain Bartolo Montador - Captain Damiano - Crosse2 - Durgen Madhammer - Drake MacBain - General Ossrum - Gorten Grundback|
Requires a 2+ caster game.
| 'Jack Marshals
| Captain Sam - Colbie Sterling - Rutger Shaw - Thor Steinhammer|
|Warjacks||The mercenary battlegroup members you can include in a CG army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what it can take.|
|Mercenary Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Hammerfall High Shield Gun Corps - Horgenhold Artillery Corps - Horgenhold Forge Guard - Ogrun Assault Corps - Press Gangers - Sea Dog Deck Gun - Sea Dog Pirates - Steelhead Halberdiers - Steelhead Heavy Cavalry - Steelhead Riflemen - Tactical Arcanist Corps - Thorn Gun Mages|
Boomhowler & Co - Captain Sam - Blythe & Bull - Herne & Jonne - Aiyana & Holt - Lynus & Edrea
|Solos|| Ogrun Bokur|
Alten Ashley - Anastasia di Bray - Bloody Bradigan - Bosun Grogspar - Colbie Sterling - Dirty Meg - Doc Killingsworth - Hawk - Crosse1 - Lord Rockbottom - Madelyn Corbeau - Major Harrison Gibbs - Dougal MacNaile - Eilish Garrity - Ragman - Rhupert Carvolo - Rutger Shaw - Sergeant Nicolas Verendyre - Stannis Brocker - Sylys Wyshnalyrr - Taryn - Thor - Viktor Pendrake
|Battle Engines||Hammerfall Siege Crawler|
Note to self: I need to update this rules section after the CID rules are finalised - juckto.
| Triggering Countercharge
What can your opponent do?
Attacks & Boosting
After the Countercharge
Enemy "Skipping" their movement
Unit with countercharge