Skorne Heavy Warbeast This model is in its faction's battle box
Favored warbeasts of the skorne, the versatile titans can be conditioned and equipped for a variety of battlefield roles. The titan gladiator is armed with massive spiked war gauntlets and uses its weapons and its armored body to pulverize enemy troops and warbeasts. The titan cannoneer is a mobile siege engine, blasting apart enemy formations with its gargantuan siege cannon. Finally, the titan sentry is a living wall, immovable and nearly impervious to enemy attacks behind its heavy shield and thick armor.
Weapons and Attacks
Tusks - RNG 1 P+S 15
- Hard Head - This model can add this weapon's POW to its head-butt and slam power attack damage rolls.
War Gauntlet X2 - RNG 1 P+S 16
- Heavy Warbeast
- Bullheaded - this model slams instead of charging when it frenzies.
- Grand Slam - This model can make slam power attacks without spending focus or being forced. Models slammed by this model are moved an additional 2".
- Follow Up - When this model slams an enemy model, immediately after the slam is resolved this model can advace directly toward the slammed model, up to the distance the slammed model was moved.
Rush - COST 2, RNG 6, DUR (TURN), OFF (NO)
- Target friendly Faction warbeast gains +2" movement when advancing as part of its Normal Movement and gains Pathfinder. Rush lasts for one turn.
Analysis of the Titan Gladiator
The Titan Gladiator in a nutshell
The Titan Gladiator is an excellent value beatstick, able to pound enemy heavies - and able to support allied heavies with an excellent animus. It does what it does, does it well, and with relatively few frills - other than an excellent slam. It might not be an Angelius or Warpwolf Stalker - but it's significantly cheaper than both.
Combos & Synergies
- Paingiver Beast Handlers are part of the strength of Skorne warbeasts.
- Any heavy warbeast. Rush is a great animus.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Low Def
- Slow without its animus and predictable threat ranges.
Tricks and Tactics
- Always be on the lookout for a good Grand Slam.
- Two handed throw anything you can't kill
- Rush + Grand Slam + Follow Up can carry him really far across the table. Be careful of going outside of control range.
Changes from Mk2
The Mk2 Titan Gladiator was, point for point, the best value melee heavy in the faction. Possibly the best value one in the game. The Mk3 one has a lower DEF but on the other hand it's got more reach on its melee attacks - and it is significantly cheaper (meaning you get more pachyderm for the points). So it still carries out the old role and is probably better value; the only big change is that slams are going to be a lot more common.
It was the only model actually nerfed in the Great Skorne Errata, going up a point. Meaning it will go from auto-include to actually having to think about it.
Theme Forces this is a member of
Themes for generic warbeasts (Edit)
- Disciples of Agony - (Article) (Category)
- Imperial Warhost - (Article) (Category)
- The Exalted - (Article) (Category)
- Winds of Death - (Article) (Category)