The reclusive Thrullg are hulking humanoids that feed on magical energy. They are drawn from the safety of their lairs by the unfettered use of magic in battles across Caen, and no spellcaster is safe in the vicinity of a living Thrullg. As if their magical appetites were not dangerous enough, these creatures' claws and tentacles can kill a man as easily as they drain arcane power.
This model's rules are currently under development
This is a existing model, and the information here is the rules it had before the CID cycle. If you wish to document the CID changes before they're finalised, please do so under the Recent Changes heading.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Claw (x2) - 1" reach, P+S 12 melee weapons
- Tentacles - 1" reach, P+S 13 melee weapon
- Damage Type: Magical - As above
- Arcane Interference - As above
- Minion - Will work as a Circle Orboros minion, Legion of Everblight Minion, Skorne minion, or Trollblood minion
- Advance Deployment - Models with advance deployment are placed after normal deployment and may be placed up to 6" further forward.
- Amphibious - This model treats shallow water as open terrain while advancing. While completely in shallow water, this model gains concealment and does not block line of sight.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Arcane Consumption - If an enemy model casts a spell while in this model's CMD range, the enemy caster immediately takes d3 damage and this caster heals d3 damage. If the enemy caster is destroyed from the damage their spell does not take effect.
- Prowl - While concealed this model has stealth.
- Spell Ward - This model cannot be targeted by spells.
2017.09 Blindwater CID
- Gained Prowl and Pathfinder
Thoughts on Thrullg
Please feel free to update the article and remove this warning.
Thrullg in a nutshell
The Thrullg is a model you take when you know you want to get rid of upkeep spells. It's a mediocre brawler otherwise, but its primary role is to bring anti-upkeep tech.
Combos & Synergies
- In The Blindwater Congregation the Thrullg is available for free if you buy enough infantry. And even if the Thrullg doesn't normally justify its cost, free is a good cost for anything, and it has the joint most expensive base cost of any available model in the congregation (alongside the Totem Hunter)
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Doesn't justify its points other than through stopping upkeeps.
- For its cost it's amazingly vulnerable to simply getting shot; it's expensive and it's got an average DEF, average ARM, only a handful of damage boxes, and no anti-shooting tech at all. And it needs to get close to the enemy.
Tricks & Tips
- If against offensive upkeeps hit your own model in the back to dispel the upkeep.
Released in Forces of Hordes: Minions (2011)