Thorn Gun Mages
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Thorn Gun Mages
- 3 Other
|Thorn Gun Mages|
Weapons and Attacks
- Dual Magelock - 10" range, ROF 2, POW 10 gun.
- Damage Type: Magical - This weapon can damage incorporeal models.
- Attack Type - When you make an attack with this weapon you must choose one of the following types:
- Both Barrels (★ Attack) - The attack gains a good POW bonus, but you can't get any additional attacks.
- Sword - 0,5" length, P+S 7 melee weapon
- Mercenary - will work for Cygnar and the Protectorate of Menoth.
- Prowl - While concealed this model has stealth.
- Gunfighter - This model can use its ranged weapons even while in melee, but when it does so it can only target models it's in melee with. It can even make ranged attacks after charging.
Thoughts on Thorn Gun Mages
Thorn Gun Mages in a nutshell
Thorn Gun Mages are a trio of gunslingers. Accurate and hard hitting but there are only three of them - with two shots each.
Combos & Synergies
- Major Harrison Gibbs gives them Reposition, enabling them to hit and run
- Gorman Di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist has smoke bombs to trigger their prowling, and is also Llaelese, so will benefit from Gibbs as well. Offensively, he can also make it easier for them to take down heavier targets.
- Sergeant Nicolas Verendrye gives them tough, which is handy for a pricey single wound unit.
- Both Barrels + Kiss of Lyliss from Lady Aiyana & Master Holt + Calamity. Just imagine it...
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Expensive per model, quite squishy
- Incoming fire has right of way. Each Thorn Gun Mage has only one damage box but the cost of a fairly cheap solo. You lose more from losing one than you would in a normal shooting unit
- If you find yourself using both barrels often consider Taryn di la Rovissi and her brutal damage shots. Or the Steelhead Riflemen making combined ranged attacks.
Tricks & Tips
- Black penny is useful for clearing jams
- Both Barrels and Black Penny in combination can catch people by surprise. It's not what their stat card looks as if it will do.
How can I include this model in my army?
Mercenaries are a bit more complicated than regular faction models, they can be taken in one of three different ways.
- This model can be included in a pure Mercenary army.
- This model can be included in the following Faction armies
- This model can be included in the following theme forces:
- None yet
Other Mercenary models
Missing the Attack Roll
Gunfighter + an AOE weapon
Gunfighter + a spray weapon
Units of Gunfighters