One of the best-paid mercenaries in western Immoren, Thor Steinhammer repairs and command warjacks with outstanding skill. This consummate combat mechanik can coax unheard-of performance out of his machines, scorch any nearby enemies with his ever-ready torch, and keep the warjacks of other sell-swords in fighting trim, all for a reasonable fee.
- Blowtorch - 6" spray, POW 12 gun
- Damage Type: Fire - This weapon does fire damage.
- Continuous Fire - A model hit by this attack is set on fire. A model on fire suffers a POW 12 fire damage roll in Maintenance phase of owner's turn until the fire expires.
- Wrench - 0.5" range, P+S 8 melee weapon.
- 'Jack Marshal - All 'jack marshals share the same set of special rules, which basically amount to: This model is not a warcaster but may control a warjack.
- Mercenary - will work for Cygnar and Khador
- Drive : Reposition [5"] - While in this model's CMD range, a warjack under its control gains Reposition [5"]. (Reposition [5"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to 5", then its activation ends.)
- Repair [d3+3] (★ Action) - This model can remove d3+3 damage points from a friendly Faction construct model in B2B.
- Tune Up [Rhulic Warjack] (★ Action) - Target friendly Rhulic Warjack in B2B. All attack and damage rolls resulting from its next basic attack this turn are boosted.
Thoughts on Thor Steinhammer
Thor Steinhammer in a nutshell
The best jack marshal in the game, Steinhammer makes any jack he runs a whole lot faster and his tune up ability is awesome. Unusually his warjack of choice is normally a heavy
Combos & Synergies
- Ghordson Avalancher - the best jack for him to run as he can tune it up and marshal it for some very effective ranged firepower.
- Ghordson Earthbreaker - if you're bringing the Earthbreaker bring Thor. Then give him a smaller jack to marshal
- Ghordson Basher or Ghordson Driller - what passes for a smaller jack among the rhulfolk given that he doesn't want a gunbunny. Of the two the Basher is probably the better choice to marshal.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- He is a lot of hitting power in a small package. People will assassinate him.
Tricks & Tips
Notable changed from Mk2
- Complete overhaul of the Jack Marshal rules.
- Drive: Pronto changed to Drive: Large Reposition
- Lost Point Blank
- Repair changed from a D6 to a D3 + 3
- Tune Up now RNG B2B
How can I include this model in my army?
Mercenaries are a bit more complicated than regular faction models, they can be taken in one of three different ways.
- This model can be included in a pure Mercenary army.
- This model can be included in the following Faction armies:
- This model can be included in the following theme forces:
Other Mercenary models
Rules Clarification : 'Jack Marshal (Edit)
- Marshals can take character jacks (unlike in Mk2). (Closed thread)
- Although they never get the Power Up bonus, a marshaled warjack can gain focus via other means (such as Accumulator, Empower, Spirit Harvester, etc).
- They can do this even after the Marshal dies and they become autonomous (unlike in Mk2).
- 'Jack Marshal & Ranking Officer (Edit)
- If a Ranking Officer joins a unit with the 'Jack Marshal ability, then they can still only take Mercenary warjacks - they don't gain access to Faction warjacks. (Infernal Ruling)
- They can control that mercenary warjack as normal, even though they're technically no longer the same faction as the jack. (Infernal Ruling)
Rules Clarification : Drive (Edit)
- If the Drive is on an Officer model, and that model dies, then the new unit commander does not inherit the Drive.
Rules Clarification : Reposition (Edit)
- Models out of formation cannot move via Reposition. Refer to the "Out of Formation" rules in the core rulebook.
- You cannot trigger abilities that occur "at the end of activation" (such as Sprint) after resolving Reposition, because your activation has ended. Click here for a detailed explanation
- You cannot trigger abilities that occur "at any time" (such as Go To Ground) during a Reposition. Because you can't trigger it while moving, and after moving your activation has ended.
- This holds true even if it's a unit with multiple Reposition moves. (Infernal Ruling)
Rules Clarification : Tune Up (Edit)
- Power Attacks are not basic attacks.
Rules Clarification : Repair (Edit)
- When repairing warjacks, you can choose which damage boxes to heal - they don't all have to be the same column.