|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
One of the best-paid mercenaries in western Immoren, Thor Steinhammer repairs and command warjacks with outstanding skill. This consummate combat mechanik can coax unheard-of performance out of his machines, scorch any nearby enemies with his ever-ready torch, and keep the warjacks of other sell-swords in fighting trim, all for a reasonable fee.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Blowtorch - 6" spray, POW 12 gun
- Wrench - 0.5" reach, P+S 8 melee weapon.
- Mercenary - will work as a Cygnar mercenary or Khador mercenary.
- 'Jack Marshal - All 'jack marshals share the same set of special rules, which basically amount to: This model is not a warcaster but may control a warjack.
- Rhulic Jack Marshal - This marshal can control only Rhulic warjacks.
- Drive : Reposition [5"] - While in this model's CMD range, a warjack under its control gains Reposition [5"]. (Reposition [5"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to 5", then its activation ends.)
- Repair [d3+3] (★ Action) - This model can remove d3+3 damage points from a friendly Faction construct model in B2B.
- Tune Up [Rhulic Warjack] (★ Action) - Target friendly Rhulic Warjack in B2B. All attack and damage rolls resulting from its next basic attack this turn are boosted.
Thoughts on Thor Steinhammer
Thor Steinhammer in a nutshell
Thor is the game's only Rhulic jack marshal, and the only mechanic or Jack Marshal in Hammer Strike, which is probably where you'll find him. He is rare among mechanics because he rarely repairs anything, preferring to use his Tune Up ability on the nearest warjack.
Combos & Synergies
- Ghordson Avalancher - the best jack for him to run as he can tune it up and marshal it for some very effective ranged firepower.
- Ghordson Earthbreaker - He can't control it, but he can Tune Up it for two free boosts.
- Ghordson Basher or Ghordson Driller - what passes for a smaller jack among the rhulfolk given that he doesn't want a gunbunny. Of the two the Basher is probably the better choice to marshal as it can slam for free and use Crush. It would also benefit from Flank in The Irregulars theme force. Still not the best idea.
- He gets Tough in the Hammer Strike theme force.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- He can't be a free solo in Hammer Strike for no good reason.
- Though the Avalancher is certainly his best warjack to marshal, that package is 21 points for one shot and very poor in melee. 21 points is a lot for one shot.
- Tune Up requires him to be in base contact with the target and requires forethought.
Tips & Tricks
Released in Warmachine: Superiority (2006)
Warjacks he can take
|Rhulic Warjacks (Edit)|
|Heavy||Avalancher - Basher - Driller - Rockram|
Note: Although it's in the list, Thor cannot control the Earthbreaker
|Cygnar (Edit)|| Khador (Edit)
Other Mercenary models