Theme - Winter Guard Kommand
|Painted by Brendon, blog at Plarzoid.com|
Theme Force Restrictions
A Winter Guard Kommand army can only include models from the following list:
|Allowed models|| Which includes |
Last updated 2017.03
|Khador warcasters||Too many to bother listing|
| Non-character warjacks
||Too many to bother listing|
|Winter Guard models/units|
|Kovnik Andrei Malakov|
Theme Force Bonuses
- For every full 20 points of Winter Guard models/units in this army, you can add one Winter Guard weapon crew unit, Winter Guard command attachment, or Winter Guard Artillery Kapitan solo to the army free of cost.
- These free models/units do not count toward the total point value of Winter Guard models/units when calculating this bonus.
- A warjack gains Advance Move for each Winter Guard unit. (Advance Move - Before the start of the game but after both players have deployed, a model with Advance Move can make a full advance.)
- Warcasters gain Sacrificial Pawn [Winter Guard trooper model]. (Sacrificial Pawn [Winter Guard trooper] - When this model is directly hit by an enemy ranged attack, you can have one friendly, non-incorporeal Winter Guard trooper model within 3" of it hit instead. That model is automatically hit and suffers all damage and effects. )
- Note that solos are not trooper models.
- The Advance Move changed to be 'one warjack per unit', to stop players abusing the "I'll take nothing but Karchev and warjacks in my 'Winter Guard' theme list, and thank you for the free move."
- The Sacrificial Pawn was changed to just trooper models, because Sac-Pawning to the Gun Carriage was unintended.
Thoughts on this Theme Force
There are two ways of playing this list;
- Lots of Winter Guard for Sacrificial Pawn targets, with jacks to do the heavy lifting;
- As Few Winter Guard As Possible, aiming to get the Advance Move bonus as often as possible.
The second method is good for casters that love warjacks (e.g. Karchev the Terrible); by buying cheap artillery units or min-size infantry you gain Advance Move and extra warcaster survivability without sacrificing too many options in comparison to a jack-only list - really just the character jacks.
The Winter Guard theme is versatile due to the wide verity of Winter Guard models available. It is quite easy to form the core of your army around a few Warjacks with fire support provided by the Winter Guard Rifle Corps and Rocketeers or Field Guns, while still gaining a number of advanced moves for your Jacks due to each artillery piece included counting as a "Winter Guard Unit". Keep in Mind while building your lists that the artillery pieces can be selected as theme bonuses and while their points do not count towards more free models they do count towards you unit count providing more advanced moves.
Rules Clarification : Theme Forces (Edit)
| * Sacrificial Pawn & Grim Salvation are optional, but Sucker! is not
From here down, the terms Sacrificial Pawn, Grim Salvation, and Sucker! are interchangeable
Models in this Theme Force
Refer to Category:Winter Guard Kommand
|Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Cryx||The Ghost Fleet - Infernal Machines - Dark Host||(Edit)|
|Cygnar||Storm Division - Heavy Metal - Sons of the Tempest - Gravediggers||(Edit)|
|Khador||Winter Guard Kommand - Legion of Steel - Jaws of the Wolf||(Edit)|
|Protectorate of Menoth||The Creator's Might - Guardians of the Temple - Exemplar Interdiction||(Edit)|
|Retribution of Scyrah||Forges of War - Defenders of Ios - Shadows of the Retribution||(Edit)|
|Mercenaries||Hammer Strike - The Kingmaker's Army - Operating Theater||(Edit)|
|Convergence of Cyriss||Destruction Initiative||(Edit)|
|Circle Orboros||The Bones of Orboros - The Devourer's Host - The Wild Hunt||(Edit)|
|Legion of Everblight||Ravens of War - Children of the Dragon - Oracles of Annihilation||(Edit)|
|Skorne||Winds of Death - Disciples of Agony (CID) - The Exalted (Unreleased)||(Edit)|
|Trollbloods||Band of Heroes - Power of Dhunia - Storm of the North||(Edit)|
|Minions||The Blindwater Congregation - The Thornfall Alliance||(Edit)|
|Grymkin||Dark Menagerie - Bump in the Night||(Edit)|