Theme - Power of Dhunia
|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Theme - Power of Dhunia
Trollblood Theme Force
The trollkin are never closer to their goddess Dhunia than when walking beside the shamans and runeshapers who work their magic through the will of the Great Mother.
- 1 Theme Rules
- 2 Thoughts on this Theme Force
- 3 Other
Theme Force Restrictions
A Power of Dunia army can only include Trollblood models from the following list:
|Allowed models|| Which includes |
Last updated 2017.11
|Trollblood warlocks||Too many to bother listing|
| Non-character warbeasts
||Too many to bother listing|
|The following character warbeasts|
|Trollkin models/units with Magic Ability|
|Solos with the Lesser Warlock special rule|
|Stone Scribe models/units|
|Troll Whelp solos|
|Up to one Minion solo and one Minion unit that work for Trollbloods||Too many to bother listing|
Theme Force Bonuses
- This army can also include one Minion solo and one Minion unit that will work for Trollbloods.
- The minion unit can include attachments.
- These models/units can be included even if they have the Partisan [Trollblood] special rule.
- For every 25 points spent on warbeasts, you gain one medium-based solo or five Troll Whelp solos free of cost.
- Friendly models/units can begin the game affected by the upkeep spells of models in this army.
- These spells and their targets must be declared before either player deploys any models.
- Models in this army do not have to pay to upkeep their spells during your first turn of the game.
- Applies to Lesser Warlocks
- Runeshapers become FA:U
- Dunian Knot units gain Serenity. (Serenity - During maintenance, this model can remove one fury from one warbeast within 1" of it.)
- Lesser Warlocks now benefit from free upkeeps.
- Mulg added to the allowed models
- Lost the "All warbeasts gain +2 THR", but Dhunian Knot gained Serenity. So pretty much a sideways step.
- Gained access to minions.
Thoughts on this Theme Force
Power of Dhunia in a nutshell
This is the Trollblood warbeast theme. Just warbeasts and their standard support. If you like playing an almost entirely warbeast army you're likely to be playing something very like this list anyway - so by changing to this theme you're simply gaining free points.
Theme strengths and Playing to them
The core strength of Power of Dhunia is warbeasts, normally with free Troll Whelps. You simply want a big troll warbeast list and a Krielstone.
There's also a variant list that's Runeshaper heavy - mostly played by former Mk2 players who went all in on a powerful theme list which allowed unlimited Runeshapers.
Theme Weaknesses and Mitigating them
One big missing thing from most beast lists is Lanyssa Ryssl, Nyss Sorceress.
Free Whelps for your trolls? Yes please! Seriously, look at any list where you planned to go warbeast heavy and then see whether the character beasts and non-beasts you'd want to use are worth three sets of free whelps (or one of the other options).
Warlocks of Note
Upkeep dependent casters like Jarl Skuld suddenly become able to load up the Krielstone on Turn 1, making them much more viable in a semi-brick.
Borka Kegslayer and just about any version of Madrak are known to be infantry casters.
Originally released 2016.12
Rules Clarification: Theme Forces (Edit)
| Mercenaries and Partisans
Models in this Theme Force
Refer to Category:Power of Dhunia