Theme - Kriel Company
|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
The trollkin of the United Kriels will stop at nothing to protect their new home. In order to defend against any who would seek to drive them out, militias of resolute trollkin take up arms as companies of warriors. These companies mix traditional martial practices of the trollkin with modern firepower and the might of trolls to crush any opposition.
- 1 Theme Rules
- 2 Thoughts on this Theme Force
- 3 Other
Theme Force Restrictions
A Kriel Company army can only include models from the following list:
|Allowed models|| Which includes |
Last updated 2018.03
|Trollblood warlocks||Too many to bother listing|
| Non-character warbeasts with ranged weapons
|Units/solos with ranged weapons|
|Weapon Crew units|
|The following specific models|
|Up to one Minion unit and one Minion solo||Too many to bother listing|
Theme Force Bonuses
- You may include one Minion unit and one Minion solo that will work for Trollbloods.
- These models can be included even if they have the Partisan [Trollblood] rule.
- Minion units in this army can include attachments.
- If Greygore Boomhowler & Co. or Dannon Blythe & Bull are included in this army, they are considered to be Trollblood units instead of Minion units.
- Despite this, they still count against your "up to one Minion unit" allowance.
- For every 20 points spent on Trollblood units and/or Trollblood battle engines in this army, you can add one Trollblood weapon crew unit, or one Trollblood CA, or one medium-based Trollbood solo free of cost.
- Free models don't count towards the 20 points.
- Models in this army can ignore other friendly warrior models when determining LOS.
- You gain +1 to your starting roll.
2018.01 Black Fleet CID
- Confirmed that Blythe, Bull, and Greygore count against your Merc limit.
2018.03 Primal Terror CID
- Hearthgut Hooch Hauler added to allowed models.
Thoughts on this Theme Force
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Kriel Company in a nutshell
Kriel Company is the Trollblood ranged infantry theme - which is about all you can say about it. The benefits are bland (a few extra points, a better chance to decide who goes first, and shooting through your own models) and trolls aren't really known for their infantry gunlines. Extra points are always a good thing.
Theme's weaknesses and Overcoming them
Other than the obvious lack of melee infantry a fundamental problem with this list is that troll ranged units don't crack armour effectively - and trolls don't have much in the way of ARM debuffs. Only gargantuans (or character beasts) have a P+S higher than 15 on melee attacks.
There are a few obvious warlocks for this list - the three shooters and one slightly offbeat one that's the most flexible choice.
- Grim Angus
- Hunters Grim
- Captain Gunnbjorn
- Horgle the Anvil - he may sound like an odd choice but the boosted ranged damage really helps cover the weakness of the list.
- Released 2017.09
Rules Clarification: Theme Forces (Edit)
| Mercenaries and Partisans
Theme - Kriel Company
Models in this Theme Force
Refer to Category: Kriel Company