Theme - Heavy Metal
- 1 Theme Rules
- 2 Thoughts on this Theme Force
- 3 Other
Theme Force Restrictions
A Heavy Metal army can only include models from the following list:
|Allowed models|| Which includes |
Last updated 2017.03
|Cygnar warcasters||Too many to bother listing|
| Cygnar non-character warjacks
||Too many to bother listing|
|Sword Knight models/units|
|Solos with the Battlegroup Controller ability|
Theme Force Bonuses
- For every full 25 points of Warjacks and Battle Engines in this army, you can add one command attachment or solo to the army free of cost.
- These free models don't count towards that total when calculating when the benefit is applied.
- Solos and Mechanik units in this army gain Reposition [3"] (Reposition [3"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to 3", then its activation ends.).
- Your deployment is extended 2" forward.
Thoughts on this Theme Force
Theme - Heavy Metal in a nutshell
It's all about the Warjacks, so if you want to get the most from this Theme Force, you should start by looking at Cygnar's main battlegroup Warcasters:
- Captain Allison Jakes - speed and fast melee hit and run
- Captain E. Dominic Darius - brawl and win the attrition game
- Captain Kara Sloan - shoot the enemy to pieces
- Captain Jeremiah Kraye - Run and Gun shooter
- Artificer General Nemo & Storm Chaser Finch - fully loading an electrical battle group
Combos & Synergies
- Kraye can have any heavy Warjack on the halfway line on turn 1 if you opt to go 2nd through trampling and repositioning.
- And with this theme you can have nearly every single model you take making use of Reposition.
- Sword Knights have Flank and you can bring many Warjacks.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- No Storm Lances.
- For some Cygnar players this will be a deal-breaking injustice.
- Warjacks that synergise with other models, such as the Stormclad with Storm Knights or Grenadiers with trenchers, are less efficient than they can be.
- Character Warjacks are restricted to armies with the Warcaster they share a bond with.
- For example, no Thorn for any old Warcaster who isn't a Haley...
- If you're bringing ranged Warjacks, you have very little to improve your chances to hit besides what your Warcaster brings.
Tricks & Tips
- The highest number of free models you can get in an average 75pt list is 4.
- In practice this means you can have an additional heavy warjack on the table to what you would normally have.
Originally released 2017 February.
Rules Clarification : Theme Forces (Edit)
Models in this Theme Force
Refer to Category: Heavy Metal
|Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Cryx||The Ghost Fleet - Infernal Machines||(Edit)|
|Cygnar||Storm Division - Heavy Metal - Sons of the Tempest||(Edit)|
|Khador||Winter Guard Kommand - Legion of Steel - Jaws of the Wolf||(Edit)|
|Protectorate of Menoth||The Creator's Might - Guardians of the Temple - Exemplar Interdiction||(Edit)|
|Retribution of Scyrah||Forges of War - Defenders of Ios - Shadows of the Retribution||(Edit)|
|Mercenaries||Hammer Strike - The Kingmaker's Army - Operating Theater||(Edit)|
|Convergence of Cyriss||Destruction Initiative||(Edit)|
|Circle Orboros||The Bones of Orboros - The Devourer's Host - The Wild Hunt||(Edit)|
|Legion of Everblight||Ravens of War - Children of the Dragon - Oracles of Annihilation||(Edit)|
|Skorne||Winds of Death||(Edit)|
|Trollbloods||Band of Heroes - Power of Dhunia||(Edit)|
|Minions||The Blindwater Congregation - The Thornfall Alliance||(Edit)|
|Grymkin||Dark Menagerie - Bump in the Night||(Edit)|