Theme - Hammer Strike
Mercenary Theme Force
This theme force is used to field the dwarf and ogre alliance of the Rhulfolk.
- 1 Theme Rules
- 2 Thoughts on this Theme Force
- 3 Other
Theme Force Restrictions
A Hammer Strike army can only include models from the following list:
|Allowed models|| Which includes |
Last updated 2017.01
| Rhulic Non-character warjacks
Theme Force Bonuses
- For every full 20 points of units and battle engines in this army, you can add one weapon crew unit, command attachment, or Ogrun Bokur solo to the army free of cost.
- Free models/units do not count towards the 20 points.
- Heavy warjacks and weapon crew units gain Reposition [3"]. (Reposition [3"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to 3", then its activation ends.)
- Your deployment is extended 2" forward.
- Battle Engines now count towards the free points.
Thoughts on this Theme Force
Hammer Strike in a nutshell
Here comes Ossrum and the Dwarves, or Madhammer and the AOEs. Extended deployment zone, and heavies with Reposition (thank goodness the Gunbunnies don't!) are good things. Repositioning Horgenhold Artillery Corps is better.
Theme strengths and playing to them
You're playing a dwarfy list. Your Horgenhold Forge Guard hit hard. You've also got a lot of pretty powerful pie plates from your artillery and your siege crawlers - and a caster that's well suited to maximising one or the other.
Theme weakness and mitigating them
You're slow. But you're dwarves, so that's to be expected.
On early turns your heavy warjacks will almost always get further with a Trample + Reposition than they would with a regular Run.
List Building Tips
The best ways to maximise your free points are considered to be:
- 20 points: Two minimum units of Forge Guard (20 points)
- 21 points: Full unit of Forge Guard (16 points), and Herne & Jonne (5 points)
- 22 points: Full unit of Forge Guard (16 points) and a unit of artillery (6 points)
- 23 points: Siege Crawler (18 points) and Herne & Jonne (5 points).
- 40 points: Full unit of Forge Guard (16 points), a Siege Crawler (18 points), and a unit of artillery (6 points)
- 41 points: Two Siege Crawlers (18 points), and Herne and Jonne. With two free artillery corps this is sometimes known as Full Madhammer.
- 42 points: Two full units of Forge Guard (32 points) and one minimum unit (10 points)
- 60 points: Two full units of Forge Guard (32 points), a minimum unit of Forge Guard (10 points) and a Siege Crawler (18 points)
As can be seen the Forge Guard are considered far better "point modules" than the Ogrun Assault Corps, the High Shields, or the TAC.
The Artillery Corps are considered the best item to take as the freebie, rather than a Bokur or a High Shields CA; to take the CA would first mean taking High Shields (there is of course nothing wrong with the Bokur).
Gorten Grundback need not apply; Solid Ground does nothing the Dwarves want while he really likes the Grogspar combination. Durgen used to leave Hammer Strike - but since the upgrades to the Siege Crawler he gets some nice feat-maximising options here while Ossrum leads out the Forge Guard charges.
In Mk1 and Mk2 this was known as The Searforge Commission.
Rules Clarification : Theme Forces (Edit)
Models in this Theme Force
Refer to Category:Hammer Strike