Theme - Gravediggers
Cygnar Theme Force
Trenchers are men and women of unparalleled grit found at the forefront of nearly every Cygnaran engagement.
- 1 Theme Rules
- 2 Thoughts on this Theme Force
- 3 Other
Theme Force Restrictions
A Gravediggers army can only include Cygnar models from the following list:
|Allowed models|| Which includes |
Last updated 2017.09
|Cygnar warcasters||Too many to bother listing|
| Non-character warjacks
||Too many to bother listing|
|Up to one mercenary unit and one mercenary solo.||Too many to bother listing|
Theme Force Bonuses
- This army can include one Mercenary solo and one Mercenary unit that will work for Cygnar.
- These models/units can be included even if they have the Partisan [Cygnar] rule.
- Mercenary units can have attachments.
- If you attach a Ranking Officer, this doesn't increase the total number of merc units you can take.
- For every 20 points of Ranger or Trencher models/units in this army, you can add one Trencher weapon crew unit, Trencher command attachment, or Cygnar solo to the army free of cost.
- Free units do not count toward the total point value of units in the army when calculating this bonus.
- Jonas Murdoch (Trencher Ranking Officer) counts towards the points, but the merc unit he attaches to does not.
- Trencher warrior models in the army gain Rise. (Rise - If this model is knocked down, at the beginning of your next Maintenance Phase it stands up for free.)
- You gain +1 to your starting roll for the game.
Thoughts on this Theme Force
Gravediggers in a nutshell
Trenchers form the highly-trained core of Cygnar's armed might, and this theme allows you to field an entire force of them.
Theme's weaknesses and Mitigating them
Countering high ARM values are what Gravediggers will struggle with. Most models will only be equipped with POW 10 or 11 weapons with a similar P+S in melee. Your main options are:
- Combined Ranged Attack on the Trencher Infantry and Long Gunners allows them to put out some high POW shots, although this can mean some hard choices into infantry spam lists played by Cephalyx or even Cryx.
- The Trencher Commandos mini-feat. POW 14 grenades hurt, but still don't do much into ARM19 or above.
- Warcasters with Fury make Trencher Infantry and Commandos hit very hard with their charge attacks.
- Caine2 offers Fire for Effect, which can make a Combined Ranged Attack, Trencher Express Team or Trencher Cannon Crew hit well above their class.
- Most of the boostable, high POW guns or P+S melee weapons will be on your Warcasters and Warjacks.
Casters of Note
Haley 3 can cast Tactical Supremacy on Trencher Infantry, allowing them to advance, drop smoke bombs, and reposition outside of them, allowing you to create a wall of smoke to hide your army behind.
- Released in the Trencher CID (2017.06)
Rules Clarification : Theme Forces (Edit)
Models in this Theme Force
Refer to Category: Gravediggers