The Commodore Cannon & Crew
Mercenary Privateer Sea Dog Unit
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Other
|The Commodore Cannon & Crew|
|Unit Size||Gun + 3 crew|
Weapons and Attacks
Cannon - variable range, AOE and POW, see attack types.
- Attack Type - When you make an attack with this weapon you must choose one of the following types:
- Cannister Shot 10" spray range, POW 20 ranged attack, with +2 RAT bonus to the firing model
- Cannon Ball 20" range POW 16 ranged attack. Slams target.
- Incendiary Shot 16" range, AOE 4, POW 14 ranged attack with fire damage, that inflicts continuous fire
Hand Weapon 0,5" range, P+S 8 melee weapon Pistol 8" range, POW 10 gun
- Limited Employment - the Commodore will only work for Privateer warcasters
- Sea Dog
- Focal Point - If this model dies, the rest of the unit does as well.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Heavy Artillery - this model gets lugged by its crew. It doesn't activate - instead one crewman gets to fire it with the Fire action. Can't be knocked down or made stationary and can't shoot if the crew have lugged it.
- Fire (★ Attack) One model right by the Commodore Cannnon may fire it
- Gunnery (★ Action) Give a cumulative to hit bonus to whoever's firing the Commodore
Thoughts on The Commodore Cannon & Crew
The Commodore Cannon & Crew in a nutshell
The Commodore cannon commands respect as the most feared artillery piece in the game thanks to its 20" slam. With Shae's feat, Rockbottom's Money Shot and Dougal's Double Powder Ration, it can slam something 25" away at RAT 10. It can light blast-immune troops on fire to boot. While it can be taken with all the privateer warcasters, Bart and Fiona struggle to get nearly the use out of it Shae does because it only moves 3", and if it moves, it can't shoot. Shae gets around this with his feat, but Bart and Fiona offer no such help, which leaves the cannon farther back than you'd like unless you sacrifice a turn of shooting.
Combos & Synergies
- Captain Phinneus Shae gets it into position and can protect it from incoming fire with Phantasm, which he should. (Note that Coup de Main does not affect the speed of the cannon due to the wording of its rules. The cannon itself does not activate so it is unaffected by the spell.)
- Lord Rockbottom grants it Money Shot. If you take the cannon, you should have Rockbottom.
- Master Gunner Dougal MacNaile grants it Artillerist (if using the blast shot) or 2" extra range on his mini feat turn.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- Kill either the infantry or the gun and it dies.
Tricks and Tactics
- The possibilities are endless. Run a low DEF model in front of the caster and slam it over them. Slam an enemy heavy into another from downtown. Be on the lookout for ideal targets.
Theme Forces this is a member of