Minion Theme Force
The Gatormen of Blindwater lake are the core of a vast reptilian cult dedicated to its self-made deity, Bloody Barnabas
This model's rules are currently under development
This model is part of the current CID cycle (What is CID?) and the information shown below does not necessarily represent its final ruleset.
This is a existing model, and the information here is the rules it had before the CID cycle. If you wish to document the CID changes before they're finalised, please do so under the Recent Changes heading.
Theme Force Restrictions
A Blindwater Congregation army can only include Minions models from the following list:
Theme Force Bonuses
- This army can include one non-character Mercenary warjack, if it's controlled by Raluk.
- Gatorman Posse becomes FA:U, their hitpoints are increased to 8 (from 5) and gain Snacking. (Snacking - If this model boxes a living model with an attack it may optionally remove it from play and heal d3 damage points.)
- For every 20 points of units and battle engines, you get either a free Bull Snapper or a solo that isn't a Lesser Warlock.
- You gain +2" deployment.
2017.09 Blindwater CID
- Gained a bunch of new models, and existing models were revised, but there were no core changes to the theme itself.
Thoughts on this Theme Force
Blindwater in a nutshell
This theme force is the Gatorman and allies subset of minions - the Blindwater army led by Bloody Barnabas.
It's called the Blindwater Congregation, but given the number of bonuses it hands out it might end up being called the Gatorman Posse Theme. (At FA:U remember they are fractionally cheaper per model in minimum units).
8 Wound Posse with Death March (from Bloody Barnabas) and Snacking look fun!
Theme weaknesses & Mitigating them
List Building Tips
Both the Totem Hunter and the Thrullg are more expensive than the Bull Snapper, so are "worth more" if you pay zero points for them.
Rules Clarification : Theme Forces (Edit)
Mercenaries and Partisans
- When you take a Partisan Mercenary, it counts as your Faction. However this doesn't increase the number of total mercenaries allowed. (Infernal Ruling)
- Exception: If the Partisan Mercenary is explicitedly listed as one of the models you can take in the theme (such as Cephalyx in Cryx's Black Industries theme), then you can take the full FA plus your "up to one Merc" allotment. (Infernal Ruling)
- Sometimes a specific Mercenary/Minion model/unit will gain a theme benefit of "If this model is included, it counts as a Faction model" (such as Greygore in Kriel Company). In this case, the model/unit might or might not count against your "up to one merc" limit:
- If that Merc is in the list of models explicitly allowed (such as Savio in Storm Division), they won't count against your "up to one Merc" allowance.
- If that Merc isn't in the list, (such as the Devil's Shadows in Slaughter Fleet Raiders), they will count against your "up to one Merc" allowance.
- Partisans will count towards any relevant free points. For instance, Nyss will count twoards the "20 points of Retribution units" in the Defenders of Ios theme. (Infernal Ruling)
- Partisans can be eligible to be taken as free choices. For instance, Erysis1 can be taken as a free solo in the Legion of Dawn theme. (Infernal Ruling)
Mercenaries and Ranking Officers
- If you can include a Merc unit, and its attachments, then you can attach a Ranking Officer. This is true regardless of what the "Allowed models" are. (Infernal Ruling)
- If you do, that Merc unit will count towards your "X points of [Faction] models/units" benefit (if your theme is worded that way). (Infernal Ruling)
- As per the errata to the core rules, if your "up to one Merc" ...
- ... can take warbeasts/warjacks, then you can add warbeast(s)/warjack(s) (without exceeding your "up to one" allowance)
- ... comes with a Companion model, then you'll get that Companion (without exceeding your "up to one" allowance)
Bonus - One [X] gains [Y]
- If you need to choose which models get your theme bonus, then you do this choice after deployment. (Infernal Ruling)
- An example is how Winter Guard Kommand gives Advance Move to one-warjack-of-your-choice-per-WG-unit.
- In comparison, Destruction Initiative gives all Servitors the Shield Guard ability so you don't need to "make" a choice.
- You should still write on your army list how many of these bonuses you get to hand out, though, so your opponent can clearly see. (Infernal Ruling)
- ie at the bottom of your list, you'd write "3 warjacks gain Advance Move" but you don't need to state which three are going to get the bonus.
Theme Forces, free models, and Specialists in Steamroller
- When you make substitutions to your list, you need to double-check that you haven't removed something that allows you to take free models.
- If you have, then you either need to remove those free models, or pay full points cost for them.
Unit Attachments & free points
- If a unit counts towards your free points, then all attachments count too; regardless of whether the attachment is the same model type. For instance:
Theme - Black Industries
- Carapace only applies to Cryx heavy warjacks, and not to Merc warjacks. (Infernal Ruling)
Theme - Llaelese Resistance
- It is 2 Cruicible or 2 Cygnar or 2 Menoth.
You can't take more than 2, and you can't mix and match from multiple Factions. (Infernal Ruling)
Rules Clarification : Snacking (Edit)
- Snacking occurs at boxed, and thus:
- Doesn't prevent abilities that trigger at disabled (such as Tough, Self-Sacrifice, etc).
- Might prevent abilities that trigger at boxed, depending on who the active player is and whose model the ability triggered on. Refer the 'Triggers' section (pg 10 of the pdf)
- Does prevent abilties that trigger at destroyed (such as reaving fury from dead warbeasts, collecting soul tokens, etc)
- You can snack friendly models.
- You may choose where each individual point of healing goes.
- If you kill multiple models with a single attack (such as trampling over them) then you get to heal once for each model killed.
Models in this Theme
Refer to Category:The Blindwater Congregation