The Talon is a black market favourite among mercenaries with enough gold and influence to acquire them. The few moments the Talon's stun lance can provide may be all that is needed to land the critical blow and turn the tide of battle.
Weapons and Attacks
- Shield - 0,5" range, P+S 10 melee weapon.
- Shield - This 'weapon' is a shield that provides a cumulative +2 ARM bonus. The bonus doesn't apply if the weapon is crippled or if the damage originates in your back arc.
- Stun Lance - 2" range, P+S 13 melee weapon.
- Powerful Charge - This models gains +2 to hit on charge attacks with this weapon.
- Stall - A warjack hit by this weapon becomes stationary for one round.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Tried & True - If this model would be repaired, that value is increased a small amount.
Thoughts on Talon
Talon in a nutshell
The Talon is a cheap warjack that is useful at tying up enemy warjacks, but otherwise a basic cheap reach+shield light warjack. It does have a surprisingly high ARM with its shield.
Combos & Synergies
Drawbacks and Downsides
- The Talon is best using its spear to stationary warjacks, but it loses that ability versus non-construct targets, meaning it's much weaker against Horde forces.
Tricks and Tips
- The Talon works best with a friendly unit nearby that can activate after it Stalls an enemy warjack to take advantage of the stationary.
Changes from Mk2
- Gained Tried & True
- Stall has changed from causing the Stall effect to the Stationary effect
- Slightly cheaper while the jack that does everything it does and more besides (the Vanguard) got slightly more expensive; in Mk2 the Vanguard was only slightly more expensive than the Talon so people always paid the upgrade cost. Now it's more than 50% more expensive.
- Both weapons gained a point of POW
How can I include this model in my army?
To include this mercenary warjack in your army, it must be controlled by one of the following warcasters or marshals. Thus, to include this jack you first need to find a controller that works for your army.
Theme Forces this is a member of
For a Mercenary warjack to be taken in a Theme Force, not only does the 'jack have to meet the theme criteria but it's controller does too. With that in mind, Talon can be taken in:
Other Mercenary models
| Mercenary - Faction models (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Shield and/or Buckler (Edit)
- The only time you lose the Shield bonus is when the weapon is crippled, or if the attack originates in your back arc. (Infernal Ruling)
- In other words, you still get the Shield bonus while knocked down or stationary.
Rules Clarification : Powerful Charge (Edit)
- If you declare a charge but move less than 3", then the attack doesn't count as a "Charge Attack" and you won't get the bonus.
Rules Clarification : Stall (Edit)
- Remember, stationary only prevents what it says it does. Refer the recap on stationary for what models can/can't do.
Rules Clarification : Warjack (Edit)
- Please refer to the Warjack page for a recap of the warjack rules, and the very few associated Infernal Rulings.
Rules Clarification : Construct - None yet. (Edit)