- 1 Contact Us
- 2 Changing the Main Page
- 3 General chat
- 4 Report a Bug
- 5 Request a Feature
There are many different ways you can contact us:
- Add a new section to this Talk Page
- Post something on our Facebook group page
- To contact a specific administrator:
- Find the admin on the list of current administrators
- From there, go to their Talk page. If they're willing to be contacted, they will have provided contact details.
Changing the Main Page
This section is to discuss the layout and content of the main page itself.
Stat Block Numbers???
- PP won't let us post stats/rules on a third party site (ie here). See this threadd 
- juckto (talk) 18:56, 22 December 2016 (EST)
Stat Blocks part 2
PP has now said it's okay to post stats as long as it's not for profit.
Stat Blocks part 3
I've read that in the past Privateer Press hasn't allowed Battle College to post exact stats and that sometime early this year that policy changed, however, I cannot find any direct proof of this. The only thing official that I've been able to find is this insider from 12-21-2016 which links to this FAQ which says "There will be no restrictions on posting stats and rules in the forums going forward. Post away!" but since this isn't the official forum I would assume that this statement doesn't apply to Battle College.
Does anyone have a link to an official Privateer Press response that pertains to Battle College? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
If Privateer Press is allowing Battle College to post exact stats then would it be possible for someone to update the guidance page for new editors (it still says not to list exact stat values and such)?
Also, is it allowed to upload the Privateer Press store image for a model like was done on this page? Does this fall under Fair Use or something?
Sorry for so many questions!
- (It was actually late last year, not early this year, but that's beside the point.)
The "official announcement" was on the Discussion board of the PP forums, which have subsequently been deleted and so the "official announcement" doesn't technically exist.
I messaged PP via their Facebook page a couple of weeks ago about this exact topic, and their response was
- Me: Hello. Does PP have it's its policy regarding people posting rules and stats on 3rd party websites and forums written down anywhere online? The old announcement, that I know of, was on the now-deleted main forums. I ask because a recent new contributor to Battle College didn't believe me when I told him we weren't breaking copyright / IP.
- PP: Sure do! You can find the usage information at http://privateerpress.com/company/trademarks-and-copyrights
- Me: Thanks
- Although that page isn't actually super useful, because it doesn't address 3rd party websites explicitly. Despite that, I think what we do is implicit in the following statement
- Legalese: Our only stipulation is that any works created utilizing our trademarks or copyrights maintain their appropriate protections and they are never used for personal enrichment.
- ... we should probably do a better job with our disclaimer so we don't run afoul of the "maintaining their appropriate protections".
I'll update the Guidance section now.
Images are fine (as long as they're not hot-linked). BC has been putting copies of them up since well before it became okay to post stats.
- juckto (talk) 03:19, 8 November 2017 (EST)
Report a Bug
This section is to report anything, anywhere, that you spotted on the wiki that you think needs fixing.
This is floating around in Minions-Barnabas, Lord of Blood (http://battlecollege.org/index.php/Barnabas,_Lord_of_Blood). Not in Warroom, and I found nothing on a search (just double checking I hadn't missed anything). This is a spoof, yes? Could it be deleted?
Cheers, El'Sycorax. 18 July 2017.
There's a duplicate page for Arcane Suppression that has just one P in it. I've cleaned up the Woldwyrd page that used to link to it, and the duplicate should now be deleted. Bilbostomper (talk) 05:12, 31 January 2017 (EST)
- I find the easier solution is to redirect the duplicate page to the non-duplicate page. It's only one edit rather than 2, doesn't require an admin to delete the duplicate, and future proofs it against other bad spellers.
Also, hi Bilbo, haven't seen you since mk2. Do you want admin rights? juckto (talk) 23:20, 31 January 2017 (EST)
Links not working
- This isaue seems to be resolved now we're not using the bootstrap skin. juckto (talk) 23:23, 31 January 2017 (EST)
Request a Feature
Since we're still setting up this wiki, there are a lot of things that users would like to have that the sysadmin hasn't installed yet. This is the best place to mention them.
- I'm not super keen on having a banner that's taken directly from PP. I know that we use their imagary all the time for model pictures, but this feels a bit different given that it's huge and going to be emblazaned all over our Main Page; I feel it could easily be misconstrued as we're presenting it as our own artwork.
- Also, we had a banner/logo discussion ages ago on the Facebook group (Link). It isn't on here yet because Kyle was supposed to add it to the top menu (right where the 'missing pic-logo' symbol is), and hasn't got round to it yet.
- Anyway, I guess we could have a banner plus that logo, but as I said above, maybe not that banner. - juckto (talk) 19:04, 7 December 2016 (EST)
- Looks like you edit the settings file, and probably want to upload the image file to somewhere on this server. 610 (talk) 00:20, 21 June 2016 (EDT)
Dynamic Page Listing (DPL)
- Requested by: NeonChameleon
- What it is: Allows you to find the "intersection" of multiple categories. More info at (?)
- Why we need it:
- So we can sort "who has pathfinder" by faction, etc.
- So we can set up auto-themes (when they're released)
- What we need to get it running: (?)
- Requested by: juckto & Ibidem
- Essentially, it allows us to create templates with "if/else" statements. More info at Wikipedia article on ParserFunctions
- Why we need it: For statblock templates.
- Say, if one model has a FOCUS stat and one doesn't, currently we need two different templates (if you try to use just one template, it'll have "FOCUS = No input provided" on one of the models).
- We don't want that, we want one template which is smart enough to not display anything for FOCUS if the user doesn't input FOCUS.
- Similarly for models with no ranged weapons needing a RAT input, models which aren't units require a UNIT SIZE input, etc etc
Official Forums backup
- Requested by: Sleet01
- Official forums are going away forever (bar some hobby threads and the Rules Questions) on Monday, March 1. I may be able to scrape some stuff; any interest in hosting it here?
- Why we need it: reference material, the occasional laugh
BattleCollege - Terrain Archive
A combined list of Terrain Special rules from NQ and League scenarios? Like it was listed for Previous Wiki.
188.8.131.52 (talk) (please sign your comments with ~~~~)