The Tactical Arcanist Corps always work in threes. They undergo training and drilling together until they can meet and even exceed the exacting standards imposed by the Brand of Odom for Rhul’s elite battle mages. They defend those they are contracted to protect with scorching salvos of arcane fire, incinerating those that challenge them.
|Tactical Arcanist Corps
Mercenary Rhulic Unit
| Unit Size
Weapons and Attacks
Thermo Mace - 0,5" range, P+S 13 melee weapon
- Mercenary - will work for Cygnar and Khador
- Immunity:Fire - Does not suffer fire damage or fire continuous effect.
- Battle Wizard - Once per turn during its activation, when this model destroys one or more living enemy models with a melee attack, it can use one of its Magic Abilities for free afterwards.
- Righteous Flames - Enemy models that end their activation within a short distance of this model suffer continuous fire.
- Magic Ability [ _ ] - This model can use its Combat Action to cast spells. Offensive spells are a (★ Attack) and friendly spells are a (★ Action).
- Flame Blast - Star attack. Medium range, small AOE, medium power fire attack, which causes critical continous fire.
- Smoke Bomb (★ Action) - Centre a small AoE cloud on this model.
Thoughts on Tactical Arcanist Corps
Tactical Arcanist Corps in a nutshell
The Tactical Arcanist Corps are a very slow unit able to create a smoke wall and that can shoot things with their POW 13 flame blasts. They die like flies but are so low threat that they do not draw much attention. With the Hammerfall Siege Crawler they have found a place in the Hammer Strike theme force as a source of clouds, blasts, and magic attacks since it returns them to play. Without the Crawler, they are awful. With the Crawler, not so bad actually.
Combos & Synergies
- A unit can fill up Nemo1's Arcane Accumulator on its own. They can also give a much-needed LOS block for that fragile caster.
- As a second line unit they can kill quite a few infantry models with their blasts, or go for broke trying to hit with their MAT 6 melee attack and use Battle Wizard.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- Too slow to get in front of most things to create a smoke wall. (Unless it's Ossrum's feat turn.)
- Battle Wizard means you need to get into melee first.
- Low DEF and ARM that dies to direct fire.
- Righteous Flames never works and is awful.
- MAT 6
Tricks and Tactics
- Put them in front of your caster to smoke wall.
- Keep one back so they don't all die and the Crawler can return them to play.
How can I include this model in my army?
Mercenaries are a bit more complicated than regular faction models, they can be taken in one of three different ways.
- This model can be included in a pure Mercenary army.
- This model can be included in the following Faction armies:
- This model can be included in the following theme forces:
Rules Clarification : Magic Ability (Edit)
- Almost every magic ability cannot be used on the same turn you charge. Because a charge must (almost always) be followed by a melee attack.
- Using a Magic Ability counts as a spell, for effects such as Spell Ward, Witch Hunter, etc.
- Unlike with warcasters/warlocks, using a Magic Ability is not an "any time" ability. This means:
- You must complete your movement before you use a MA.
- You cannot make ranged or melee attacks on the same turn you use a MA.
- You cannot use a MA on the same turn you charge.
- (Unless, of course, the rules for the specific MA you're using say you can.)
Rules Clarification : Righteous Flames - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Flame Burst (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Fire (Edit)
- Moving into "Shallow water" standard terrain does not cause continuous fire to expire. It's magic fire.
- You can always use non-standard terrain if you agree with your opponent before the game starts, however.
- A weapon can inflict continuous fire without itself being a fire damage weapon (for example, the Helio's fists). In this case, the attack can hurt models with Immunity:Fire it just won't apply the continuous effect.
Rules Clarification : Smoke Bomb - None yet. (Edit)
Other faction models