The Tactical Arcanist Corps always work in threes. They undergo training and drilling together until they can meet and even exceed the exacting standards imposed by the Brand of Odom for Rhul’s elite battle mages. They defend those they are contracted to protect with scorching salvos of arcane fire, incinerating those that challenge them.
|Tactical Arcanist Corps
Mercenary Rhulic Unit
| Unit Size
Weapons and Attacks
Thermo Mace - 0,5" range, P+S 13 melee weapon
- Mercenary - will work for Cygnar and Khador
- Immunity:Fire - Does not suffer fire damage or fire continuous effect.
- Battle Wizard - Once per turn during its activation, when this model destroys one or more living enemy models with a melee attack, it can use one of its Magic Abilities for free afterwards.
- Righteous Flames - Enemy models that end their activation within a short distance of this model suffer continuous fire.
- Magic Ability [ _ ] - This model can use its Combat Action to cast spells. Offensive spells are a (★ Attack) and friendly spells are a (★ Action).
- Flame Blast - Star attack. Medium range, small AOE, medium power fire attack, which causes critical continous fire.
- Smoke Bomb (★ Action) - Centre a small AoE cloud on this model.
Thoughts on Tactical Arcanist Corps
Tactical Arcanist Corps in a nutshell
The Tactical Arcanist Corps are a very slow unit able to create a smoke wall and that can shoot things with their flame blasts.
Combos & Synergies
- A unit can fill up Nemo1's Arcane Accumulator on its own. They can also give a much-needed LOS block for that fragile caster.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- Too slow to get in front of most things to create a smoke wall.
- Battle Wizard means you need to get into melee first.
- Low DEF and ARM that dies to direct fire.
Tricks and Tactics
- Put them in front of your caster to smoke wall.
Changes from Mk2
- Smoke was significantly downgraded. The TAC now have to centre it on themselves, and a model that's partially in smoke is not protected. In return Righteous Flames became always on rather than a third spell.
- Cost decreased
- Single damage box now
- Lost a few points of CMD
How can I include this model in my army?
Mercenaries are a bit more complicated than regular faction models, they can be taken in one of three different ways.
- This model can be included in a pure Mercenary army.
- This model can be included in the following Faction armies:
- This model can be included in the following theme forces:
Rules Clarification : Magic Ability (Edit)
- Almost every magic ability cannot be used on the same turn you charge. Because a charge must (almost always) be followed by a melee attack.
- Using a Magic Ability counts as a spell, for effects such as Spell Ward, Witch Hunter, etc.
- Unlike with warcasters/warlocks, using a Magic Ability is not an "any time" ability. This means:
- You must complete your movement before you use a MA.
- You cannot make ranged or melee attacks on the same turn you use a MA.
- You cannot use a MA on the same turn you charge.
- (Unless, of course, the rules for the specific MA you're using say you can.)
Rules Clarification : Righteous Flames - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Flame Burst (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Fire (Edit)
- Moving into "Shallow water" standard terrain does not cause continuous fire to expire. It's magic fire.
- You can always use non-standard terrain if you agree with your opponent before the game starts, however.
- A weapon can inflict continuous fire without itself being a fire damage weapon (for example, the Helio's fists). In this case, the attack can hurt models with Immunity:Fire it just won't apply the continuous effect.
Rules Clarification : Smoke Bomb - None yet. (Edit)
Other faction models